singzeon.


(closed)



4 January 2017:

Very overwhelmed watching videos of medical residents / students.

Today I again started to have self-doubts about whether or not I am able to get into med school (preferably, NUS), especially after two failed attempts (not even with an interview chance). So I went to watch videos of current medical residents / students explaining their work.

Very heartwarming, especially some of the things they say. Makes me all the more want to become a doctor. Funny thing is how last time it was just an easy remark, now it's potentially my career. And again, yes I do want to get in NUS med.

I'll be applying this year again (third try) and honestly I hope that they just give me the chance of an interview. Then we'll see from there. I know my results aren't fantastic (good but not good enough) and my extra-curricular isn't that buff either.

But I honestly believe I have the right heart and mindset. True I still have some weaknesses (who doesn't) but obviously I will work towards reducing them. All I need is the interview to at least try and prove to them.

TTFN.

First, do no harm.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。