16 June 2013:
Some random musings IV.1. There was a slashing at Orchard Cineleisure last night. I originally had comments but since this is a sensitive period, I'd rather keep my mouth shut and not reveal it at all. I really don't want to offend anyone.
But be rest assured, I didn't plan to insult or make fun of the victim or anyone else. I was very appalled when I read of people who made fun of the incident and joked about the victim. That is extremely deplorable and utterly disgusting.
I do hope that the victim of the slashing can recover as soon as possible. And that his attackers would be caught and dealt with severely.
2. My Russian is improving, somehow. Although I still can't form sentences, but I can make out what a sentence means once I check the dictionary for vocabulary. Also I've been practising writing Russian cursive. It's rather different from Russian script.
3. I went cycling with GY and YJ last Wednesday. We talked a lot throughout the two hours. There were many, many topics that we discussed. Amongst them was about how JC has become so impersonal.
M has been lamenting about how she hates school and all. While I cannot say I'm that resistant towards school, it is no longer a place that I actually look forward to. It's more like a job, where people clock-in and clock-out every day.
4. Today has been a stuff-myself-with-food day. And I'm definitely gonna get bad karma for this.
5. Speaking of bad karma, I really have been a bad Buddhist. Technically Buddhism doesn't require constant praying or anything in general unlike some other religions. However I have been neglecting it for a while.
I can't say I'm a very devout and strict Buddhist. However I do check Buddha Vacana every day. For the past two days I missed checking it, all because I forgot. Obviously that isn't very good of me. Also, it's time for a re-look of Buddhism.
6. Maybe after I learn Russian (and conversational Malay) I should learn Sanskrit. Then I can read the holy texts in their original form.
7. I'm tweeting much less now. About a year ago (I think) I quit Twitter precisely because I was tweeting too much. Then around December 2012 (I think also) I began and since then I've about 13.5K tweets. I did a check before and it averaged 100 per day.
Now that is seriously too much. I'm spending too much time on the site as well. So instead of quitting Twitter again, I've decided to just tweet way less. At first there were some tendencies but now I don't even feel like tweeting.
And every time I feel like tweeting something, I just think: 'Do they really need to know that?' or 'No one cares.' Not in the pessimistic, emo mentality but just a nuanced thought that the tweet would've been insignificant anyway.
9. Because I'm dying of boredom constantly, do take some time and ask me questions on ask.fm/singzeon.
10. My motto from now till the end of June holidays is 'тяжело работать, не откладывайте'. Which means 'work hard, don't delay'. I really need it. I've wasted too many days away. (This happens every holiday, actually.)
11. I think I'm gonna get water retention tomorrow. I'm somebody who almost never drinks water, but today I drank >6 glasses in the afternoon. For my body that would mean water overload. Cue O Level biology about negative feedback. Then ADH and excretory system.
12. I know it's kind of geeky or nerdy, but when it's close to exams I like to instantly recall facts when I'm eating / doing other daily activities. For example when seeing food I would think of digestion in humans (during O Level times).
But now I haven't been able to do so! And it's rather worrying because I'm not even confident for the exams. Besides, how does one visualise O&C or genomics? The closest I can think of is seeing fusilli pasta and recalling DNA's double helix. (I don't even eat pasta.)
13. It's dengue season now, and it's rather scary. Now whenever I get a mosquito bite I freak out and hope that I'm not one of the 9+K people who got infected. Also, dear Mr Balakrishnan, no one needed a minister to claim that we are at a 'critical juncture'. We all knew that.