singzeon.


(closed)



14 January 2014:

New year resolutions ...?

I am not a fan of new year resolutions. To put it honestly, it's because I know that I lack preserverance and will never get to fulfilling them. However, I would like to set a 'resolution' for myself this year.

And it is fairly simple, actually: to finish my homework (tutorials). Am I hearing sniggering or laughter now? Indeed, it seems ridiculous that a student has to actually set such a resolution. Nevertheless, I admit that I often never finish my homework.

Mostly, it's due to laziness / tiredness. At times when I return home late or have a long day, I am too tired and don't wish to do anything. As a result, I don't do my tutorials which are discussed the next day.

Yes, as I have found out, this harms no one but me. I cannot catch up on what the teacher is talking about and feel lost. Therefore, I resolve to finish my tutorials for the whole of this year. I think it's the basic minimum as a student, actually.

(Which makes me all the more ashamed that I haven't been able to accomplish it.) From now onwards, I shall strive hard and complete all tutorials, preferably before the due date. Another thing I realised is that when I rush, I end up writing nonsense.

This amounts to nothing since I have to 're-learn' the topic at hand. So, I shall start my tutorials as early as possible, so that I need not rush. (I am sensing how ridiculous this is, since this is really what's expected of a student, yet I'm not doing it.)

Seniors have advised that in JC, there's no use for a last-minute dash. It has to be a consistent jog, followed by a short sprint towards the end. I really should start running (metaphorically) soon, otherwise I'm just going to be left behind.

As a sidenote, I'm really glad that I have been able to defeat my inner fatigue and not stop during runs. Although it is a short distance (relatively), nevertheless to me this shows that it is mind over matter and I can build up my stamina. I really hope I can continue this and slowly improve my running of 2.4 km, in time for the NAPFA test this year.

Along the way to completing and achieving this resolution, I have a few potential obstacles. One, the biggest, is my handphone as a distraction. It contains a web browser (YAY INTERNETZ) and many games and appswhich I enjoy (daily).

I strive to cut down on its usage and stick more to my plans of what to finish every day. It'll no doubt be hard (for a weak-willed soul like me), but I am orientating myself towards the long-term goal of A Levels now.

~

If you think that the above sounds very like announcements from the Chinese Communist Party (in terms of its vocabulary), yes, I may have been influenced after reading their policy announcements previously. (Go on, judge me.) But, what of that.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。