singzeon.


(closed)



29 December 2013:

3 more days to 2014.

Christmas is over. That's a good thing, because I can stop listening to the annoying jingle that Mediacorp Radio did for this year. (Okay at first it sounded nice, but after listening to it for 10000+ times, it started to suck.)

New Year is coming. Various websites, newspapers, radio, TV etc. are coming up with programmes / articles that recall 2013, and provide a forecast for 2014. Personally, I would love to do so, but I'm too lazy.

Also, since it's a self-recall, I'll probably have a lot of personal bias. For example, I will certainly recall Twelfth Night (since it was so unique and memorable) but perhaps forget other equally significant moments.

So, I'd rather not. Anyway, to me, it's better to look to the future. (Sounds ironic, because I love history so much.) Instead of recalling what happened in 2013, it's better to prepare for 2014. Which, actually, there's nothing much to prepare, at least for me.

2014 will be more or less the same. Studies and CCA will still be the mainstay of my life. Of course, yes, there's the scary A Levels at the end of 2014. But it still isn't that life-changing as other things that people are going through.

And of course, there may be small incidents here and there in 2014. Of course, I'm hoping that I can tide through them relatively unscathed. Ultimatlely, the main event next year is the A Levels. Therefore I shouldn't be distracted by whatever little things.

~

Currently, there are a lot of things on my plate. Actually, I feel ashamed to say this because I know there are probably others with more things to handle. Yet, they aren't complaining. Nevertheless, it's true that at this point of time, things are really a bit hard to handle.

My primary concern at this moment is TjDrama. Open House is coming up and we have got a fantastic plan for it. But what's lacking is the execution. That, and we still have to complete lots of clean-up (which never ends, anyway).

We wasted one session on Friday due to our beloved Operations Manager being a prick (as usual). Also, his warped logic was beyond comprehension, that even our set director (usually very calm and composed) wasn't very happy.

But, what of that. That guy will remain a prick, so the only think is to work around it. This week (29 Dec to 3 Jan) is going to be a really busy period of time. There's filming, planning and clean-up.

Maybe it doesn't sound like a lot but all three take up a lot of time. And, for the former two, there's a possibility of rejection, which means re-doing things. So yes, it certainly isn't that easy to do.

Sidenote: I am really greateful for my team of Exco. They truly are great people to work with, and this makes solving the various problems much easier. Also, it's always fun and jokes when we meet, so at least the mood is enjoyable even though the problems aren't. We are probably the most YOLO Exco ever.

~

Then, there is history project. Well actually it doesn't require much work. But honestly our group's progress hasn't been fantastic at all. So I'm expecting a mad rush when school re-opens to brush up the standard, and I'm bracing myself for impact.

Again, for history project, there's something to rant about. A member has not been contributing (at all), which is sorely reminiscent of my PW experiences. However, I have decided not to rant at all.

It is not worth it to rant and feel upset about it, I realised. While G is fuming about the member, I have adopted the zen attitude and keep calm to carry on. Of course, that doesn't mean that I will not indicate anything during any peer evaluation.

~

Finally, there's the secret project - which will not be so secret in a few weeks' time. I'm thankful that I have a good partner to work with. Things have been progressing smoothly so far, so that's good. But I'm afraid of the timeline.

This project is an all-or-nothing effort. Therefore, it's essential that I cannot mess things up. Naturally, I am constantly on the edge, worrying about its success. Fingers crossed, it'll turn out fine.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。