singzeon.


(closed)



6 October 2013:

Some random musings XI.

1. I am thrilled that this is the eleventh random musing post already. On the one hand it means I think a lot. On the other, I probably think of too much, too much random things.

2. If you have been a constant reader you would know I love discovering new blogs. Recently I discovered three (one more after yesterday's post) and I am simply chuffed to bits about it. Maybe I'm selfish but I'm not releasing their addresses yet, maybe next time.

3. Building on to the previous point, I absolutely love it when people have good English. Writing prose (on a blog) doesn't discount the fact that you are using the English language. There isn't a need to be prim-and-proper but at least don't misuse it.

4. I think it's amazing of student-couples in JC. They manage to motivate each other and study together and work hard for each other's sake. That said, things could very easily go the other way if they end up being too involved with each other as well.

5. I think it's very mean of people to say that '[school name] has no hot girls / guys' in response to the question 'Anyone caught your eye?'. Come on, are you that good-looking yourself for people to be attracted to you?

JOKE TIME!
Jack was going for a blind date and he was worried. "What if she's really ugly? I'll be stuck with her the whole night!" he told his friend Tom. To that, Tom replied: "Don't worry. When you go to her house to pick her tonight, if you don't like what you see, just go 'ACKGH' pretend to have an asthma attack at the door!"
That night, Jack went to the girl's doorstep and rang the doorbell. The door opened and there was a gorgeous woman before Jack's eyes. His worries were completely unfounded. He stuck his hand out when 'ACKGH!!!' the lady gasped and slammed the door in his face.
6. I have wasted the whole Saturday doing everything else except chemistry. Considering that I can't even remember what reagent to use for what reactions, this is academic suicide. Therefore Sunday is the only time I have left to buck up, whatever I can.

7. Acid hydrolysis eludes me; it's seemingly simple yet I just cannot recognise when it's used. Atomic structure isn't very solid too (pun intended); can't decide when to talk about electronic configuration or nuclear charge.

8. I have resorted to watching Youtube videos about chemistry. That'll pique my interest and hopefully enable me to remember better.

9. I really should have listened to Mrs C when she said to revise a mechanism every day from Monday to Friday. It sounds stupid but it's actually a good way to remember things permanently. The same goes for redox reagents.

10. For those who are still embedding music on their blogs and have no way to shut it off: hello, it's 2013. That was so 2009-ish. Literally, because around that year it was almost customary. Now it's just annoying and I will close that blog if I can't shut the music.

11. If you fancy a girl simply because she's good-looking, be careful, there may be an attached bad temper, bad habits, no outlook etc. other problems. Too bad.

12. It's scary when the prospect of not being able to promote is rather real. That may not be a problem for some but after going through the papers ... Let's just say I now know why people aim to 'pass promos'.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。