singzeon.


(closed)



19 July 2013:

My working hours are 0745 to 0000 from Mondays to Fridays, 1000 to 2330 on weekends.

There is a common saying that one should never ask a JC student 'How's life?' because once we embark on our tertiary education this thing called 'life' is somehow sucked away from us. Most of the time it's returned after a checkpoint known as A Levels.

Frankly speaking I still don't feel anything towards the JC I am in now. Maybe it's the pace of things, but I feel like I'm in an office environment. Bosses (teachers) would dump tasks (tutorials) down onto us workers and we're supposed to complete it.

I know that the school has a few school events such as the Road Run a few months back. But even through all those activities I still don't feel any sense of belonging to the school. Granted I know people from my CCA, class and etc which makes my life less miserable.

I don't exactly hate school but I guess I dislike the system. Then again I suppose JCs are more or less like that, going on a bullet train kind of diet. Sad thing is you either catch the train or get left on the terminal or wherever you were thrown off.

My history teacher said once that we are full-time students. I guess it's rather true especially at JC level. There's no time for much leisure anymore. Every minute has to be used efficiently with minimum waste.

My JCT results are a true disappointment, being in the bottom 30+% for certain subjects. The only consolation is that I didn't perform as badly as I thought I would, although my results were by no means good.

I am resolute to improving my percentile by the time Promotional Exams come. Of course it's an uphill task since those who did well for JCTs would (mostly) work even harder for Promos. Nevertheless, I shall try hard.

TTFN.

I'm still in shock over how someone who is seen as a role model (and eye candy) by many can be such a bigot. Technically there is free speech and 'to each his own', so I can't impose my views onto him as well. Nevertheless it's quite a pity that such an excellent person 竟然 has such bigotry and prejudice against LGBTs. (I'm not saying that he should be an activist or what not either.) Maybe he was poisoned by ill-willed peers who succeeded in using logical fallacies or red herrings. It's really quite a shock to see that someone like him could adopt such a stance.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。