singzeon.


(closed)



1 June 2013:

Seeds germinate and grow when conditions are suitable.

Over the past week, the new Exco for TjDrama was formed. I am very grateful to be a part of it. Although I didn't get the position I wanted, I'm still glad that I can be part of the team of five who would be managing TjDrama.

I must say, though, that this is truly the first time I felt so engaged and involved with my CCA. Since primary school, I have never been so enthusiastic towards it. And come to think of it, it's the first time I'm this passionate about it.

I wouldn't say I hated Wushu. It did teach me certain values and I enjoyed the time I spent there. However I wouldn't want to do it again. Which was why I ensured that I wouldn't join TJ's Wushu. To me, seven years is good enough.

Actually I guess I wasn't cut out for Wushu. (Why did I continue it in CCHMS anyway?) Also, I never was close to any Wushu people. The only exception is CW but even so, that was because he was in the same lower sec class as me.

But TjDrama is different. I wouldn't say 'it feels like a family' because it doesn't, but at least I feel that I belong here. I have seriously never dreaded any practice session, but it's quite the contrary for Wushu.

All these made me want to run for a position in Exco. I felt that since I benefitted (and am still benefitting) from TjDrama, there is no reason why I shouldn't contribute back to it. That's not to say that I won't contribute if I'm not in Exco though.

I didn't got my desired position, though. Was I sad? Not at all.  Disappointed? Slightly. But above all, I'm still very thankful that I was given this opportunity to serve the club. In some sense my efforts have paid off, albeit in a slightly different way.

I don't know what other members think, but I personally feel that I have a good team to work with. All of them have excellent experience relating to drama, and I would certainly do my best and work hard for the club.

There is a whole year ahead of TjDrama. We have performances, events and our major milestone: SYF. I'm rather optimistic that the club would be able to strive for greater achievements in whatever we do.

Things can only get better.

TTFN.

On the opening of Twelfth Night, Ms N asked us to say out what we would like to see the play achieve. I said 'for the audience to remember it for a long time'. Yesterday marked two weeks after the play, and I met this TJCian who mentioned about it very positively. That certainly made me very happy.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。