singzeon.


(closed)



23 December 2012:

Leave for the last time.

Yesterday was POP (passing-out parade) for Student Council. By right POP is meant for Uniformed Groups cos they would march and all that, but oh well we somehow used the name too.

I went to lunch with my section. The planned time was 1 pm. I reached at 1 and sent a message to QX. Then I went into Popular to browse books. While browsing, I went to look at textbooks (haiz nerdboy96). The new syllabus O Level textbooks were there!

Except for history, which I was more interested in cos the syllabus seemed much more interesting. I don't think there are much changes to sciences though, and EMaths. For AMaths the only change I noticed was that now they have to learn as well. Hehe too bad.

The bio and chem textbooks look much nicer now. They got a style revamp. And some diagrams were much clearer. The part on DNA transcription didn't look that confusing and intimidating anymore.

I didn't get to see physics, but the topics were largely the same. As for SS, heheh. British healthcare is no longer inside, so is traffic policy, but the style still looks the same old 土 style hahah.

At around 1315 there was still no reply from QX. I went over to Pastamania (where they agreed to eat) and there was no one from our section there! I panicked and made some calls. In the end most were late.

J and XY had arrived, but they were chilling at Gong Cha above. So I went there to wait instead. Eventually those that arrived went to Gong Cha instead of Pastamania straight.

We reached Pastamania around 1345. Considering that we had to reach school at 3, there wasn't much time. Furthermore the juniors had to reach by 1445 for further preparation.

The food at Pastamania was rather expensive. The cheapest was around $6. And that meant really bland stuff like pasta with sauce. So of course I ordered something more expensive but had meat in it.

During mealtime, XY told me that she had 皈依-ed. This is something like baptism but for Buddhists. I took a look at what she ordered. Beef bolognese. I got a shock and quickly asked her if she made a mistake.

Then she told me that her form of Buddhism was more lax and she could eat beef. Also they did not need to be vegetarian, even during 初一十五. I was slightly shocked to hear that, cos I never knew there were such lax forms. But okay, it's understandable. I haven't 皈依 yet; I don't even know how to.

The juniors left around 1415. By then JL and YS arrived as well. (She's still as pretty especially with her hair let down.) They had lunch to and we waited for LH to come. We left at 3, when by right we're supposed to reach by then.

We followed LH to a bus stop and took the bus to a station near Dakota MRT, at the canal. Don't know since when, but there were some renovation works going on there and they blocked half the path. So I wonder how the juniors are gonna run 2.4 now.

When we reached school, then we realised that there was a mis-communication. Us seniors only had to reach at 4. -.- So we wait till 1545 and got led into LH2 by juniors.

~

The POP started with cutting log cake. Each section had a log cake. We spilt it amongst ourselves and ate it while watching a movie. It was a 2006 movie called Rob-B-Hood. We only watched around half of it, which is quite sad cos the movie's nice and I've never watched it before.

After that we were supposed to watch section videos but for a very long time there was nothing. People got bored and started playing around. LJ went crazily immature when he burst a light stick. He started running around smearing the liquid on people's arms. He stopped after I took a plate of log cake and threatened to throw it on him hahah. Haiyo don't know why LJ suddenly so siao.

When they finally played section videos, it was around 1830. As usual, Section 5 was really the funniest and most humorous. Different people make it each year but every time it's so fantastic. I really wonder how they did it and how long they spent.

My section also not bad lah, did something out of the blue. Hahah I really never expected that. Thanks to them!

~

That's about what happened. Separately ...

Before heading into LH2, the Sec 4s were waiting at the concourse. I was talking to LJ about his failed attempt to join Campus Superstar. He reasoned that he did not get in cos he has graduated and doesn't really have a school. Furthermore, if he gets into the competition but goes to poly, he would be disqualified which is problematic. Therefore, they decided not to get him.

All that was his speculation lah, but it does sound quite reasonable. Suddenly W heard of it. Then he said 'aiya you should have told me then I could have called them to settle'.

That was an instant eye-roll statement, I tell you. I really felt like suan-ing him. He claims that his father knows someone high up in Mediacorp, so he could use this to resolve the matter and let LJ enter.

Hello. Not everyone wants to resort to such methods like you, some prefer to use 光明正大 ways. Besides, even if LJ could get in because of W, people would surely gossip. Do you think LJ would really enjoy his time there? He would probably be outcasted and the first to be voted out or something.

I know that many within the cohort don't really like W. I can see now why. Thankfully I don't think I'll be seeing him again.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。