singzeon.


(closed)



25 December 2012:

Drum roll for blog roll.

(Clap for my failed pun, would you.)

Today, as promised, I would share about my blog roll. As you can see, my blog layout (as of today; it may not be the same if you're reading this from the future) is slightly different from others. Basically, it starts with a big BHB sign. Then there's the quote line which is mostly not in use.

Next would be the posts, two of them on the main page. After that there's a red line and below that would be the blog's description, typography I used and my archives. What I lack from others is the section for links.

I used to do such a thing to. My previous layouts had a section where I would link people. There also used to be a Cbox, which was sort of like a message board where people posted comments. Nowadays I think it's 'extinct'.

I took away the Cbox because it was attracting 99% spam. Random people seeking to promote their products or websites would post fake compliments, sometimes in languages that I don't even understand like Tagalog. Besides, my audience was so little then, so I guess there was no need for it anyway.

Why did I take away the links section then? I didn't think it would look nice and fit in to my current design. Hahah, that's really it. I know my blog layout isn't the nicest, but I've tried to make it look minimalist. (Recently the archives are causing a little bit of problems.)

However, I'm now considering reinstating the links section. Reason being, there are a few of other bloggers like me, and I think it would be nice to help promote them as well. (Although my blog isn't exactly influential or popular, I know.)

I used my latest skin (which I call Red Wax) in April. Normally, I try to stick with one skin for as long as possible, because otherwise I would change it so frequently and it's disruptive as well. So it's been 8 months now. If I reinstate links, then I probably have to make a major change. I could probably still use the base, but my chunk of code has to change to allow links to squeeze in.

I was thinking of creating a blog roll besides my posts, but yeah the code would be affected quite a bit. I built it from scratch (clap clap) and frankly speaking I'm lazy to go in there and re-look at 122 lines of code. (Actually that is not a lot for programmers, I know.)

If you're reading this and think I should have a blog roll (links section), do let me know in one way or another. There's Formspring, Facebook or Weibo. (Hahah Weibo.) But I digress.

~

My original intention of this post was to share about the blogs I read. Then yah I got carried away about the above.

For those of you using Blogger, there's a function provided called Reading List, seen on the home screen. I don't know if many use it, but I do. I use it to follow 14 blogs, amongst them famous blogs.

Starting of with the famous ones, which I think needs no further introduction,

1. mrbrown.com
2. Xiaxue (I'm actually surprised that she didn't bother applying for a custom address like xiaxue.com since she's so popular already. The first time I heard of her I typed xiaxue.com.)
3. TypicalBen
4. Cruz Teng (丁志勇 from Yes! 933)

Then there's the rest, which are not famous people but people I personally know. (Well, not famous as of now but who knows about next time?)

1. JQ @ here. (Btw, JQ, your blog address a bit the long and confusing ah. I know you have a strong sense of personal identity lah but ... Hahah.)
2. YM @ here. (Recommended before. Hopefully posts would come more frequently ... *hint hint*.)
3. LJ @ here. (The 'odd one out' that uses Wordpress. Recommended before too, he still blogs all kinds of interesting stuff.)
4. D @ here. (I don't think D knows I read her blog, which can be creepy to her hehehe. But anyway ... I find that her blog is rather interesting eh with very life-like posts. Some are reflections too which is always nice to read.)
5. G @ here. (A blog I just knew of yesterday. And I didn't even know YM and G knew each other!! So far it's three posts but they're nice to read as well, with the occasional curse word.)
6. T @ here. (I don't know whether she's blogging anymore ...)

If you do the maths, there's only 10 yah, but I have 14 blogs. The remaining four are secret. (Okay lah one is my eye candy's but no, not gonna say who he is.)

Yup, that's about it for my blog roll. Once again, tell me if you can about whether I should have a blog roll.

TTFN.

Okay those six of you, $5/word I used to describe your blog. Nah kidding.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。