singzeon.


(closed)



6 November 2012:

Not in my league then I'll leave.

I wonder if anyone watched the 2010 movie She's Out of My League. I haven't, but somehow this phrase of 'in my league' has been with me. I think it's subconsciously due to the movie, but anyway.

I recall in primary school where my friends were 'sorted' into full-friends, half-friends, quarter-friends and so on. I wasn't the only one doing it, although I don't think this practice was prevalent after all. This 'ranking' system was a way for me to group friends, and a good way to learn fractions.

I've known B and J since primary 1. (You could say they are my full-friends.) B is now in the same school as me, while J (the smart one) went to Raffles. We almost never talk anymore, and usually gather at B's birthday party every 7 Nov. This year because there is O Levels on 7 Nov, we are not gathering.

I don't know whether or not we are still gathering anymore within this year. Maybe, maybe not. I haven't seen or talked with J in almost a year. So I was rather touched to see him and B discussing about having the three of us back again. I never expected them to do so.

Come to think of it, the three of us, we're so innocent. At least in primary one. We were in the same class until primary four, when J went to the best class. The year after, I went to the third-best class. I really forgot which class B went to in primary five, but it was not-as-good as the both of us. Nevertheless we didn't despise him and still kept in contact.

We have maintained this tripartite relationship since primary one, 10 years ago. I really wish that we would continue into adulthood. In 夜市人生, best buddies during childhood turned into adversaries later on. I don't want that to happen.

B and J are two friends in my league. Call it fate or luck or destiny, but they are in my league.

So are I and CW and V and T. (This league's a bit bigger.) Yesterday I had a conference call with I and CW. It lasted for around an hour, but I hanged up twice in between. Eventually we all hanged up for the last episode of 千方百計 and CW went to eat.

We were supposed to discuss T's present, but oh well you know we never got to really discuss anything at all. We just talked random things, all kinds of things. We were even talking about what to do during the chalet. Which makes me oh-so-excited, and I do hope that I get to go.

These people are in my league as well. So I know it's difficult to, in fact I would not, leave.

As well as those from MD. Well CW is also part of it. Actually if I'm not wrong they originally went with me cos I was not mixing well with my current class. But after that we worked well so it has been the case ever since. Well I really have to thank them for this.

Yet another five (or six?) people in my league.

But there are some not in my league. This is the part I dread.


You see the two graphs? The pink one is , the green one is . They are rather different eh? But they meet briefly between . Before and after, they 各走各的.

This to me is the example of 'not in my league'. For sure, I would not be keeping in contact with some people after 16 Nov. Because of various reasons, this people just aren't fated to be in the same league as me.

Right now we may enjoy very good and close friendships, but it's just cos now is the part where . 16 Nov would be the point where x is more than one, and that means bye-bye.

For these people, I wouldn't really try to keep them. I shall let fate decide. Maybe, if we are fated again, then our curves would tend together yet again. Time shall pass its verdict. But nevertheless, I have come to realise that daily contact does not constitute a good relationship.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。