singzeon.


(closed)



15 October 2012:

Здравствуйте with love.

Once upon a time there lived a family of mice. They were constantly threatened by a cat in the house. The little mice constantly stayed in the mouse hole cos they dare not venture out. One day when the cat was preying outside the hole, the mother mice let out a loud ferocious bark. The cat squealed in fright and ran off, never to return. The mother mice looked delightedly at her children. 'Seems like my foreign language lessons are working,' she told them.

This joke was originally in Chinese, I read it from some Chinese book. (#youdontsay)  Anyway today I was approached by a Korean couple in the bus. They wanted to head to East Coast Seafood Centre but didn't know how.

I mistook them for PRCs and asked whether they knew how to speak Chinese. Luckily they didn't take offense. The man was not as clear in his pronunciation, so at the start I kept asking him to repeat. Luckily the wife gave me a tourist guide and pointed at the spot.

From there I was able to tell them roughly how. It was even better when they provided me with a map so I showed them where they were travelling to. That put them at ease, previously they were panicking a little.

I dropped at the same stop as them. So I led them near to the underpass leading to ECP, and used Google Maps to show them how to walk. I hope that they understood me. The wife kept nodding and saying 'oh', so I presumed they know after all.

I hope they're there now eating satay beehoon or something else. Then at least I would have accomplished my mission.

I was thinking to myself just now 'why were they not Russians?' but then again, I don't know enough Russian. Maybe after здравствуйте and добрый день I would have to use English. Alright after O Levels I'm gonna learn Russian and hopefully help Russians in the future.

~

Today was not bad; I managed to finish one SS paper and one compre. Okay, that's actually very little I know. And it's 7 days more to O Levels. Not good.

I really should send essays to Ms C these few days for her to mark. Ms C was so cooperative just now, helping us tease GY and his girlfriend. We were all at the canteen, but GY was with her while we were far away. Ms C purposely went over and talked to the girlfriend, I wonder what she said.

GY got 愛心早餐 from her today. He was even eating the biscuits in English consultation. Ms C: 'Aiyo your girlfriend make for you then you never share with your friends?' But how can share right the <3 from his girlfriend of course want keep all lah heh. Now I'm jealous lah.

I want girlfriend! Okay kidding lah but haiz 一個兩個 got girlfriend, left me this unwanted person. Now A and I can 相依為命. No wait he has D ... T_T

Alright maybe I should focus on O Levels first eh. Get my 6 points and girls would be attracted to nerdboy96! Hahah I think I'm a little high today you should know this is not my usual blogging style.

I wonder what breakfast GY is getting tomorrow. Today's one was rather nice. Some biscuits, two sticks of the I-don't-know-how-to-say and a heart-shaped sandwich. Aw. Anyone making for me? I'm okay with meepok or bak chor mee, I very 隨便 one. And you can add more ketchup for meepok, more minced pork for bak chor mee.

... Enough of my hallucinations lah horh. 我寂寞寂寞就好 heh.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。