singzeon.


(closed)



1 October 2012:

What an exhuasting start to the month of October.

1. My lame jokes
Throughout the whole day, I told at least 6 people two rather long jokes that were actually lame. They were not very amused by the end of it. Come to think of it, I at least wasted 6 minutes per person or 36 minutes in total telling all those jokes. This has to stop.

2. The broken window
Our class window broke today. Okay, one panel of one pane broke. As usual, it was you-know-who that did it. I definitely don't think it's intentional, but with the way they were 'playing', things were bound to happen. Ms T was very, very angry. She hollered at them. I was very near her (or rather she walked to near my seat) and hollered. Poor eardrums of mine.

I don't know what's going to happen after this. Just now before leaving class, the culprit came back sneakily. I should not speculate and wrongly accuse him, but it is very rare of him to return especially since it was nearing 5.

3. A heated discussion
I was with V, I and T just now. We were discussing of having an investiture committee chalet after O Levels. Along the way, things turned heated.

I wouldn't say that we 翻臉-ed, but the atmosphere were tense. T and I, being guys, were less mature and sometimes couldn't 察言觀色 and annoyed I or V. Not a good thing to do, cos the both of them are girls who don't get angry easily.

All in all, ... things are so messy. I said the investiture committee is a very controversial one. I agree. We all are student leaders, but amongst us we have our own politics being played around. X is friends with Y and Z. Z and Y dislike each other. And such a pattern is only level 1 of our relationships.

If I could remember things since how they played out in Sec 3 when we knew each other, I probably could write a book. But anyway, now I am iOS 4. I haven't been updated for long of what happened. Within a short matter of a few months, so many things have happened. People whom I thought were alright with each other actually 翻臉-ed. Some just had things against someone else.

It was so difficult planning for the chalet. In the end something else was planned, but still that wasn't very ideal. Nevertheless, it's better than nothing.

4. An over-concerned friend
I know I have an oily face. It's hereditary. I'm not blaming my parents; it's just a fact. Since weeks ago, T has been telling me about how I should wash my face more regularly and etc. I fully understand his concern for me but I think there's a limit to that. I really do not need him to mention it to me every day.

5. Little time left
Today is 1 Oct. 80% of the school would leave the school on 5 Oct. They have the choice of not returning till 22 Oct, where they take O Levels. Wow, it's fast ain't it? Four years and it's ending soon.

Am I sad? No. Do I regret? Not really.

For one, I am a 'heartless' person. I do not cry or tear or anything unless it's somehow really touching. (Okay ... I did cry while reading a novel about this deer dying of pneumonia ... But that was last time!) I hate goodbyes. You may interpret it in two ways. (1) I do not want to people to leave. (2) Even if they leave, I'm not really going to be all emotional over it.

To me, it's simple. If you are a close friend to me, I do not to miss you since we would take time out and meet up occasionally. If you are not, good riddance to you, nice meeting you. To me it's really like that. I admit that I have too many acquaintances and little friends. So I suppose you can figure out which condition applies to me more.

6. Our fractured class
In connection with No. 5, one of the things I regret slightly was how our class is fractured. It's fractured into cliques, boys stick to boys and girls stick to girls. I don't know if other classes are like that, but I still don't think it should be the case.

In a class, there'll definitely be people who are closer to each other cos of the same previous class or other reasons. But I don't think that because of that, one should just stick to those people and not venture out. B once lamented that our class is too spilt into cliques and that his previous class (in Sec 2) was not like that. Well, I thought, what have you done to help?

To be fair, almost no one is doing anything. I suppose even if anyone had the 心 to help, it'll be more of 心有餘而力不足. It's too difficult to actually get the class together. I envy those classes whom stick to each other, boys and girls together.

Also, I can say that our form teacher has not done much to actively piece the class together. I am sure that Mr L is not blind to how divided our class is. Yet, there is no action from him. Maybe he too thinks that results are more important? Or maybe he too believes in cliques and doesn't see a real lousy consequence out of this. Either way (or neither), never mind, it's too late.

7. The political tree
In the canteen today there was a tree. I named it 'the political tree'. (I don't know whether it has an actual name.)

The tree, along with other new things appearing in the school, are part of installations done by Sec 3 O Level art students. They are supposed to do this as their end-of-year project, I think.

Of all projects I've seen so far, I think this is the best.

All we students have to do is to look at statements on the tree and use Styrofoam ticks or crosses to indicate whether we agree to it or not. The statements were something about it being alright to eat in class / play football so long as we don't get caught.

This really meets the objectives of art. (1) There is interaction with your audience and (2) it provokes thinking within them. When I saw it I felt it was like a political play where it pushes boundaries. (Hence I called it such.)

I really think that people should try and 'answer' this tree. At the end of it, we could all view how we responded to the statements. Do more people think it's alright or it's wrong to eat in class / play football etc.? This showcases the CCHMS culture I think. Although it's not representative, it nevertheless showcases how we think as a whole.

(And maybe school leaders can look at what people think and make changes. Just how political plays and the like work by pushing for change.)

It's sad that I never got to take a picture of it just now. I accidentally knocked down the many ticks placed at the 'eat in class' statement and was busy placing them back. Maybe I can try tomorrow.

A junior from SC appealed to our classes with a colourful notice of her project. Frankly speaking, I feel that is just 'amateur art'. (Okay, you may say that I don't even know how to paint or draw so I should shut up.)

Her concept was of hanging happy photos of graduating classes on a piece of ribbon in the shape of CCHMS. There is interaction no doubt, but the interaction is minimal, with the class chairman handing photos over and that's it. Also, it doesn't provoke thinking. Yes, we see everyone happy. That's it?

I'm sure Sec 4s all know the final year isn't all happy. There may be friendship troubles or study problems. This installation sounds like one the school would do for parents during graduation night, to show how everyone has 'grown and shined' throughout the four years.

Of course, maybe the markers would think differently from me. Maybe they would regard the ribbon installation as 'pure bliss and happiness showcased through final-year students' and the tree as 'unnecessary deviance of school rules and regulations'. This is possibly what they might think, and sadly the grades awarded would be opposite of what I hope for them.

8. China's National Day
China is 63 years old already, if you count from the time it became Communist. Through these 62 years, it has gone through Cultural Revolution, Great Famine, Great Leap Forward, Tiananmen Massacre and etc. I await a day that their people are fully unmasked from the truth of what happened.

China is undergoing leadership change this year. I hope everything goes well. Previously it mentioned how security would be tightened during the period. That, in my opinion, is very telling of how much discontent the people have.

China would definitely pinpoint trouble-makers as 反革命 people. But look at Britain, Singapore and other countries. During election time, do people rebel and stage protests? 40% of people may dislike PAP, but we still aren't that extreme. Even in Britain it is the same logic. To even prep up security, this shows that you anticipate trouble. If you anticipate trouble, this simply means that something must be wrong so people would create trouble. Would people in nirvana be complaining?

TTFN.

Sorry if this lengthy post just killed your happy mood. But I don't give a damn.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。