singzeon.


(closed)



5 October 2012:

I have graduated from secondary school.

Four years have passed since I started secondary school. This school was my first choice. However, I must clarify that I had no choice to put it as first choice. My results then were lousy (for schools such as Victoria) and this school was the best I could try for. Even then, it was no guarantee. Thankfully, I went in, my T-score being the cut-off point.

Since then, the cut-off point for my school has dropped by around one point a year. This makes it seem like a lousy school. But no, I can say that at least the teachers are not lousy. (Most.)

I'm not here to sing praises of my school just cos I graduated from it. What I say is really from my heart. On the whole, I do think that the whole system of the school is good. I may have many grievances about some small details of the system, but I'll still proudly defend the school if need be.

I would urge any P6s reading this to try for my school if it is within your reach. I can say that the teachers and our school leaders there are committed enough to ensure you have a good secondary education. (At least for the upper sec teachers. I don't know most lower sec teachers anymore.)

~

Over the four years as a councillor, I have interacted with students, mainly those younger than me. It has been a pleasant journey for me, with certain hiccups.

I think I'm a controversial person. I have made seniors unhappy with me (until they wanted to remove me), some teachers not really happy with me and maybe even people from my batch. I seem to stir lots of trouble.

Confession: I have (almost) misused my power as a councillor once in Sec 1. Then I was new to the board. Our seniors told us not to book people anyhow. Yet I booked my classmate for eating in class though it was actually cos she was so annoying and irritating. She really ate in class but actually this is still misuse cos my intent behind it was not genuine. She got really angry and nearly wanted to see my senior (the one which I disliked greatly). Thankfully the episode ended peacefully. She and I are on good terms since then and we both have grown lots.

As a Sec 4 now (this year), I try not to be so 'attention-grabbing'. I just try to do whatever is necessary and don't be so 大大咧咧. Hopefully that improved my 'reputation'.

I don't think I'll really do a whole recollection of my secondary school life, cos I have no patience for that. I have many, many details to talk about so that certainly would be too long.

~

Today seems to be a day of revelation. I found out two things. One was major, one was minor.

My junior J wrote to me today that one year ago she didn't receive the picture I had tweeted her. I had tweeted her the print-screen of some 作文 guidelines cos she needed help. Then she responded and thanked me. Now she tells me that then she opened it and saw the scenery of a car park.

... I was dumbfounded then. It's just so weird. Luckily this was a small thing. I did feel like Tony in The Sense of an Ending though, having a secret revealed to him.

The other thing I discovered was something bigger. I do not wish the elaborate here. I feel very, very cheated. But actually, I think I should have expected it a long time ago. Nevertheless I feel rather 心寒 as I never expected 人性 to be so 虛偽.

I believe in karma. I was really guilty towards you then, I thought I caused you hurt. Now as things are slowly being revealed to me and possibly people around me, I don't think I deserve to be guilty. I may have caused you some hurt but you brought about this to yourself.

I am graduating now so I am never gonna see you again in school. And if we do, I shall not bother about you. In fact, I have stopped bothering about you ever since that fateful day. I will continue treating you like nought.

~

To repeat what I said yesterday: We lead bloody epic lives, lah.

I feel a tinge of sadness that some people have already DSA-ed into JCs. This way they are confirmed separated from me next time. At least if you wait till O Level results, there is still a chance that you would get into the same school as the person.

Never mind. 人有悲歡離合,月有陰晴圓缺,此事古難全。 Nothing to be sad about lah, horh. I should move on. I'll look forward to gain new friends in JC while retaining close friends from secondary school.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。