singzeon.


(closed)



17 October 2012:

Еще пять дней!

Yes, it's as the title states. Not much time left at all. I'm still worried about SW for English. Today during SSP I went to ask Mr S about it. He was very nice and gave me and overview of it which lasted for about half an hour. I think he was about to eat (or hopefully finished eating) cos he had a pair of fork and spoon in his hands.

I'm not saying that Ms C is no good, but somehow Mr S makes SW seem more clear. He also cleared some doubts of mine that have been nagging me since possibly last year. Now I know better as to how to write SW. Let's hope it translates into positive grades for O Levels as well.

Just now an embarrassing thing happened during SSP. I was originally listening to the tune of a train mixed with grandfather clock from the app WhiteNoise. Then cos I paused it and it 'disappeared', I switched to music instead.

I was listening to 春光乍泄 when suddenly a packet of tissue flew over. While turning back I saw two LY girls in front staring hard at me. I thought they were disrupted by the tissue's noise. When I turned around A and T told me to stop singing.

I didn't know that I was singing! Then I realised that it seemed so, cos every time I listen to the song I would hum along. I really didn't realise. That's when the LY girls' stare made sense, and that's when I got so paiseh.

Immediately I switched back to WhiteNoise. I'm never gonna play any more music whenever in SSP, fully WhiteNoise or nothing now.

~

Hilary Mantel won the Man Booker Prize again. She is the first person and first woman to win such an award. Well at least now I know who's books to buy when it comes to reading after O Levels. I have a strong slant towards British books (since I'm an Anglophile).

On my list: Lionel Asbo, Bring Up the Bodies, and etc. Okay I can't really remember now but when I Google them I'll recall the rest.

I've started reading the third book of 笑傲江湖. I can tell the story is almost nearing its climax. That's the part where television shows extract from the whole plot. This book indeed is fine literature; there are many things that people could analyse about if they wanted to. If I really do take Chinese Language and Literature next year, I'll be doing another of 金庸's book, 雪山飛狐.

~

Obama seems to have won the second presidential debate which happened just hours ago. Well that's good news to me, even though I'm not Democrat. I just support Obama cos he seems much better than Romney. Romney can't seem to get arguments right, apart from nice-sounding rhetoric.

Anyway, I'm still UK > U.S. person. There are many reasons to that but people would say I'm anal and/or extreme. Whatever. If I really wanna migrate next time it'll be UK definitely, and not U.S. Russia is out of the picture - even though there's nice, nice scenery and women - cos it's not safe and it's rather controlled.

Nevertheless I still <3 Singapore so migration is really not what I'm thinking now. What I'm thinking now is еще пять дней and oh how it scares.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。