singzeon.


(closed)



11 September 2012:

You came and read, but what do you think?


Two days ago I blogged about Our SG Conversation. My blog post was featured on The Singapore DailySingaporeSurf and shared on Senatus. Close to 880 people have read the article as a result.

I'm rather humbled by this. When I blogged about OSC two days ago I did not set out to get this featured or shared anywhere. I merely blogged my feelings and thoughts about this. This makes me wonder.

What do the 880 people think after reading this? Maybe, unknowing to me, they actually scoff and label me negatively. I hope not, though. The other blogs or websites featured on the above mentioned two sites were dedicated to current affairs and politics in Singapore. Else, they were news websites or opposition websites.

I don't know if I can call this an honour ... to be placed amongst such 'big-shot' websites. Anyway, this will not continue.

No lah I am not gonna stop blogging because of this. (That doesn't make sense.) What I mean would be, this after all is a personal blog, so not every article shall be all about current affairs.

I mainly talk about things that interest me. It just happens that OSC was what interested me days ago. Scepticism still runs high, at least in cyberspace, about OSC. Well, it's up to the government to clear this scepticism. And you clear scepticism not by threats or empty promises but with real actions.

~

Enough of all that hype. (Maybe only I'm hyped.)

Anyway, today's AMaths paper passed without much difficulty. I still can't believe that I over-interpreted a simple 3 marks question and did a totally wrong method. And not to forget the careless mistake I made when everything else was alright.

Oh well, that's passed. AMaths paper 2 is on Friday, and EMaths paper 2 is on Thursday together with EHistory. EMaths paper 1 was horrible. And by horrible, I mean really horrible. I may have lost 20% of marks already, and what about those I did not even spot? I shall do better for EMaths paper 2.

Of course, I need to hurry and study for chemistry. 27 chapters studied over 1.5 years ... it's tomorrow or never. Okay lah still got O Levels. But tomorrow's prelims, and I want to use that as a litmus of my standard. I actually like chemistry and I know most of the concepts. But I always lose marks because of incorrect expression, which is nothing but infuriating.

I think for history I shall study authoritarian regimes and Cold War. I shall 'give up' on LoN and ToV and WWII. That should be enough to tide me over Thursday's paper. I need to find a way to cramp in some history tonight, besides studying chemistry.

Study well, all you taking prelims too.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。