singzeon.


(closed)



20 September 2012:

Prelim results are out, some of them.

I can't say I'm unhappy with them, but yet obviously I'm not satisfied with the results I'm getting. There will be more results coming out in the following days, and I really don't want more disappointments.

My English grades worsened by around 3%. This to my parents is horrific and it cast my fate in stone that I shall get at most a B3 for O Levels. I can't say that this prediction is totally false, but I'm going to work hard and prove them wrong, to the best of my ability. I want to prove the notion that 'a C student can get an A eventually'.

Thus far, Chinese is the best subject for me. The compo grade I feared oh-so-much turned out not bad, I seriously don't know why. Personally I felt my compo was 'aimless' and 'pointless', I was writing as if blogging. My compre also improved slightly, but I'm upset with that a) b) question which I always got at least 3 marks for. This time, zero. 君子莫大乎與人為善. I checked Baidu and the answer given was what I wrote too, but apparently W老師 doesn't agree at all.

EMaths ... I expected the worst for paper 1, so my result came as a surprise. Yet when I started asking around, it didn't seem that fantastic already. Yes I know maths is a subject that people can score full marks in, but oh well not this time for me.

AMaths ... Mrs P alarmingly told me to revise more. According to T who helped me clarify, it was because I did not get my 'deserved A1 or A2'. This means I probably got a B3 or even B4. Maybe to others that is fantastic but sadly I can't say the same for me. I have been having tuition and achieving A1 or A2, so if I get a B this time it is a regression. That is not good, by any standard. I told my tuition teacher that AMaths would still be higher than EMaths, I hope she doesn't prove me wrong.

Bio thus far is disappointing. Of course I can easily jump to the conclusion that 'I did okay considering I did not have the textbook' but that's half-cheating myself. I really expected myself to do much better this time. I think I was not thinking hard enough when doing the paper. People say bio is memorising and vomiting but I don't think it applied much this time. Questions were rather specific and some were new problems that we could only use context + given information. Nevertheless, if B can get 62 / 80, I don't see why I cannot. There is no other exam or test left so the only chance I can get to beat / level with B is the O Levels, the real deal.

Chemistry was a love-hate thing for me. I got 80% for MCQ, which is so-called not bad but of course I expected slightly higher. I just hope none are careless mistakes. As for the paper ... I think Mrs T would be very happy that I got the energy changes question fully correct! After all the lame mnemonics she gave, I did not let her down with this. But hmm I think she would still be unhappy with this result since she expects A1 from everyone I guess. It's time to look for her once again. (The sad thing about chemistry paper 2 is that I see many, many ticks but when you count the marks, it's less than 65%, which to me is sucky.)

Physics was neither a surprise nor disappointment since I stayed in the C5 range. But of course I am upset that I'm still not improving much. I improved for my mock paper by 7%, but sadly this would not spill over to the real prelim paper. The sad thing is my MCQ, 62.5% when others can get 90% or at least 70+%. I do not want a spoiler C to appear in my results slip next year (, if I can get As for the rest).

Nothing has been given out or announced for humanities so that's it so far. Tomorrow there should not be any other papers being given out since the periods are largely the same as today's, so I'll wait till Monday or Tuesday to know the rest. Talk about suspense.

TTFN.

Side note: if the girl I fancy hints to me for a stead after O Levels, there is little reason why I should hesitate.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。