singzeon.


(closed)



25 September 2012:

Now that the results are out, it's time for a serious review.

Basically it means that I should just lock myself in the cupboard and weep for my unsatisfactory results. No lah of course not; I won't do that. (I prefer the toilet it's bigger and brighter.)

Today was a horrid day for me. Okay I feel slightly bad saying this cos I'm probably ignorant of how others have had it worse. Maybe to them what I'm experiencing isn't lousy at all.

Nevertheless ... I'm really very sad cos I still can't pass my combined humanities. I failed by 6%. That makes my grade a horrible E8, not even a D7.

Today I sort of begged the HOD to give me 2 more marks for Chinese. I needed it to get an A2. To her it wasn't as significant since (1) I didn't have a strong case and (2) she didn't think it mattered as much. But still not getting an A (at least A2) for Chinese is heart-breaking for me. I fell from 74.6% to 69.0% with the inclusion of a final portion.

I lost 8 marks because I didn't take the 'official viewpoint' of how things should be answered. But in all fairness, the HOD did explain to me and I really misinterpreted one question so I could not blame anyone for that. (All because of one word.)

Basically, I underperformed for this exam. All the subjects, I underperformed. That's very, very horrible. Strident steps need to be taken to solve this problem.

I 'promised' the HOD I would get an A1 for Higher Chinese during O Levels. I can't let her down this way.

I am still waiting for Mr S to return our class our essay scripts. We received it last Thursday actually but Ms C asked him to comment on it. I must say I'm not as impressed with his marking. Although yes I can't complain much cos teachers really are busy and they have to mark lots of scripts, why can't he just use the standard marking style that the department is using?

There is a reason why the English department standardises marking conventions such as 'sp' for spelling mistakes and 'g' for grammar mistakes. All he did was a few ticks, some circles and either single or double underlines. How do we know if it's good or bad?

He didn't leave any comments at the end, worst of all. I was really expecting a score above 20, so I really want to find out what went wrong. If he still doesn't give comments, I'll get Ms C to help me take a look. Even if she can't help me change my score (if I can), never mind at least I learn what's good or bad.

~

V and I were thinking of doing covers after O Levels. I wonder if it would materialise. She said that she used to do it with her sister. Hmm I think there's one Singapore sister duo doing that right. We'll see about that, V. I just hope if we really do it, we could agree on them songs cos apparently your taste and mine isn't exactly similar.

Moving on for JQ: I had no intention of accepting a niece but that was the only word I remembered. So oh well. And ... what is 'techy'? Hahah it was so scary stepping into the class, y'know. Your class couple stopped flirting the moment they saw me, and it was as if I was doing something wrong. And the girls at the left they stared. That experience was hair-raising.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。