singzeon.


(closed)



14 September 2012:

I forgot to bring my bio textbook home.

I planned so much to study bio during the weekend so that I would be very prepared for it on Monday. I even told CW that studying 23 chapters over 2 days instead of a few hours (at night) was much better.

I think many people were pleased that bio is on a Monday, so that the weekend can be used. After all, this is the last exam that needs to be 'studied'; there is nothing much to study for paper 1s.

Then me the idiot forgot to retrieve my bio textbook. I remember for history and physics but not for bio. I wonder if it was because my daily schedule was disrupted today. Normally I would head to the library and study. Before leaving, I would see my classroom and go take my textbook from inside.

Today I went with LJ to the concourse instead. We went there cos I had milo and it couldn't be brought in. I almost never bought milo. Yet today I suggested it out of the blue. What a cruel twist of fate this is.

I only remembered when I returned home. I saw the pile of textbooks and thought about it. I was very panicky after that. Even my notes are in school.

At home I only have two guidebooks, which are not very concise. The nearest other resource I have is the internet but then again I may not know what exactly is needed.

Ultimately I have no one to blame except myself. I am to blame for buying the milo out of impulse (which led to my forgetting to take the textbook) and for failing to check properly before I left school.

I feel very lost now. Even though bio is my best science, how am I to do well without the resources?

既來之,則安之。一切隨緣。

~

Today's commentary in Straits Times talked about hotlines between countries. Which was what I wrote in my essay. I wonder whether Mr T would read that commentary and find it coincidental.

~

I rather like philosophy. It calls for a sharp critique of tough questions: what is real? How do we know we exist? No wonder there's a saying that philosophers are 痟 (hokkien for crazy): whole day spent thinking 'absurd' questions.

Sociology, philosophy, Chinese, forensics ... I like these a lot but eventually one would be No. 1 and the rest, sideliners. Which shall it be?

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。