singzeon.


(closed)



2 September 2012:

Here's a personality test I found.

This test will tell you what character you have. Think of a number from 1 to 5. Click on that number below to see your results. It must be your first instinct!

1
2
3
4
5


Yup, that's your character all right. Do you agree with it? I guess yes?

Now, check out other options.

...

Feeling cheated, aren't you? This is a classic experiment that some professor did a few years ago. He got a classroom of students (around teenage) to read their horoscopes and were asked whether they agreed or not.

Most said yeah, their horoscope was very accurate. Then he revealed that the whole classroom, regardless of zodiac sign, received the same sentences. Basically, those sentences applied to almost everyone in the room.

I'm not criticising horoscopes outright, but I'm rather sceptical of it. I find those who religiously follow horoscopes a little foolish. Maybe people of different zodiac signs do have different traits, but I'm sure not all horoscopes accurately point that out.

In fact, if you were to get a logician to analyse the statements made, most statements are actually fallacies of a kind. They will apply to almost everyone. Of course, another possibility is confirmation bias. People generally tend to believe something when told that it will be the case. ("The horoscope says today's unlucky? Yeah no wonder I [...]!")

I hope I've proven my point. Again, I'm not totally trashing horoscopes, but I'm suspicious of most of them. Especially if I feel strongly for at least 2 other zodiac signs.

TTFN.

Disclaimer: Yes horoscopes are different from personality tests, since horoscopes are based on zodiac signs and personality tests on character traits. But to some extent they work the same way for the same function.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。