singzeon.


(closed)



26 July 2012:

How's life without Twitter for me?

Have I become unsocial? I don't really think so.

Last night I visited a few people's Twitter. I did not log in - my account should have been deleted by now - so I could only see un-privated accounts.

After viewing for about half an hour, I may say that I am glad I am off Twitter. Twitter has become a place for negative quotes, I feel. Perhaps it's just the accounts I go to, but almost every account is filled with negative stuff from time to time.

Which was what I was doing, actually. Last time when I had Twitter and I felt sad, all sad let loose online, and all my followers would see how 'sad' I am. (Upon reflection, some of the sadness were self-inflicted, so my followers may be face-palming themselves or laughing in contempt.)

What's the use of that? For me, it just makes me even sadder. Especially when I see related tweets like that. I don't know if this 'sad emo tweet' thing is an Americanism or not, but it certainly rose and became popular.

There's the 'swag' posts on Tumblr too. That one, I'm quite sure it's an Americanism. For me, personally, sad tweets and swag posts are purely bullshit. I understand that yeah once in a while you're sad and you tweet a little. It serves as a release of emotions, which is actually good. But if 90% of your tweets are sad and emo: (1) you are neither sad nor emo, you are making things up to gain people's sympathy and possibly followers; (2) you are truly sad or emo, but all these were self-inflicted as you were too sensitive; or (3) you are really miserable in real life and it's been really hard on you.

Of course, most people aren't (3). In fact, those who actually face adversity are the ones who don't whine and whimper, but buck up and face it directly. If you are (2), you're not exactly wrong, but maybe you should seek a counsellor's help if not you might have mental breakdowns in the future. And if you are (1), get a cock (if you don't already have one) and make sure it reaches your arse. In other words, go ____ yourself!

As for the swag posts ... Why am I so certain it's an Americanism? I can't describe my hunch exactly, but because it is so meaningless and it basically is some sort of acting cool, I really think it's so. "Why [     ] when you have swag?" "Swag is only what I need to [     ]."

Why don't these people just shut up or post real motivational stuff. It's not as if swag really does help in any way. Sure, it's fun to do and talk about, but other than that it's nothing but a fad that makes people moronic in some way or another.

I genuinely have no one in mind when typing all this. It's a general observation I see, not any particular person doing these things.

TTFN.

Why create a blog when you can have swag?



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。