singzeon.


(closed)



7 June 2012:

Some last words about 那些年,我們一起追的女孩.

I received the script of the movie. Okay lah not really received, but I downloaded it from some source. I hope this is not illegal though, but I definitely won't do anything commercial with the script yeah.

The script is 49 pages long. Hmm it's quite long, but from what I see of the first and last two pages, I think it was more or less the movie.

It's just that I noticed one small detail.

Did anyone see what the Maths teacher was teaching in the movie? He was teaching permutations and combinations. The question he gave on the board was about how to arrange people to sit together in class. The theme song has a line that goes "黑板上排列組合/你捨得解開嗎" ...

Have you euraka-ed now? The seating arrangment was pivotal to the love story. Perhaps if 柯景騰 had never sat in front of 沈佳儀, he would never have lent her the English textbook. She in turn would never have helped him in his studies. They would never be this close. He would never have liked her.

Wow. I didn't realise this, but Giddens was so detailed. Well I suppose he should have realised how pivotal the seating arrangment detail was in the whole story, or rather, his life story. I was still wondering why in the notes he added that it must be this chapter of Mathematics.

The whole time, I thought that it was a random thing that was included, a random chapter picked. No wonder throughout the movie it was all about nCr ...!

Okay, I hope you were equally shocked by this revelation. This movie really is a nice one, very thought-provoking. I shall finish reading the script as soon as possible.

It's always nice reading scripts. Reminds me of last time. Oh and I must say, Giddens' way of writing script is new to me. I don't know if it's the common way in Taiwan or something, though. But then this makes it more unique, which makes reading scripts more fun.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。