singzeon.


(closed)



5 June 2012:

I finished watching 那些年,我們一起追的女孩.

I watched it on Funshion, so it was a very edited version with no erection, masturbation, or even nudity.

To think it was changed so much ... About 10 minutes of the film was cut, which is about 10%! How can like that ...! So I went to Youku to watch the cut scenes (they say forbidden fruit is the sweetest), there were about 18 in total.

The film was so weird without the cut scenes, seriously. Like the part where 柯景騰's seat was changed; it was because he was jerking off in class. The version I watched simply showed that his seat was changed. It sure was weird.

There were weirder parts that were cut as well. Like the part where 沈佳儀 told 柯景騰 of illegal immigrants from mainland China ... It was 和諧-ed (the keyword for censored in China) away. Like that also can ...

I wonder which parts were cut in Singapore's version. It was mentioned previously that the movie was termed NC16 cos of the masturbation scene in the front, but I wonder about those that included gay showering (no wonder I was clueless at first when I saw the credits that showed 'gays') and SM and yellow films.

Anyway ... the movie was nice. It didn't exactly follow the book, which is understandable since the book was very long and they couldn't reproduce it exactly. The book certainly didn't have that intense male-on-male kissing scene (okay lah it wasn't intense but interesting).

I was kind of expecting Giddens to appear somewhere in the movie, especially at the last few scenes where it showed 柯景騰 typing furiously on his laptop. Sadly he didn't but it's still nice.

Did anyone (that read the book as well) realise that the book did not have 胡佳瑋? It turns out that her character was added into the movie version (which means that 沈佳儀 didn't really have a friend 胡佳瑋).

What shall I watch next, I wonder? Should I start on a serial like those idol dramas from Taiwan, or stick to movies? Movies seem easier cos you won't have any 'attachment' once they end, but if a serial is successful, it will get me hooked.

Perhaps I shall watch one more movie or two, before starting on serials.

~

Yesterday was the first day of the holidays. I didn't really follow my schedule, but at least managed to complete two pieces of homework. Today morning was spent on watching 那些年, so I'm gonna use my afternoon to complete some more homework.

My computer has this bad feature that stops downloads or conversions once it goes into standby. My plan to run downloads and conversions while I was doing homework failed, as a result. So I can only download when I watch stuff or use the computer.

~

Yesterday I had the most morbid dream ever. The previously most morbid dream was when I dreamt of 福祿壽 statues looking down on me from above. That freaked me out, and until now I can still remember that scene.

But yesterday was worse.

I dreamt that my friend jumped from some building, and I was partly responsible for it. According to my dream, he climbed over the edge. I held on to his white T-shirt.

Somehow I kept thinking (in my dream) that he would jump, and I released his T-shirt. After a while, he really jumped. The teacher then (I forgot who) didn't seem shocked at all. She simply remarked that someone jumped.

There was no screams or 'thud' sound. I was simply shocked. There was no cold sweat or increased blood flow, I simply froze. I didn't dare look down, though I wonder what I would have dreamt of if I looked down.

I woke up soon after. I was so thankful that it was but a dream, I almost wanted to call my friend to make sure. In the dream, I remember thinking that he just messaged me not long ago, which is the case as well in real life.

This dream seriously spooked me. I wish I wouldn't have more of such dreams in the future.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。