singzeon.


(closed)



13 June 2012:

I am still shocked.

On 11 June I blogged my 290th article about public transport. I got carried away, and went on about immigration, SS, and even about ISA.

Yesterday morning, I checked the stats for my blog. Generally I'd be very happy if I received around 10 hits after every blogging day. Instead, I received around one hundred hits. (In my excitement, I didn't snapshot it.)

Yesterday night, I checked once again, and this time I managed to catch this lucky number!


(I hope it's large enough.)

Okay, okay, you might be calling me some superstitious nutcase or whatever. Regardless of that, I'm still happy with the sudden increase in page views!

I found out that my traffic mainly came from http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/. I viewed the site, and it was this website featuring various blogs or news articles.

I'm certainly grateful to the person that found my article and decided the recommend it there! Previously, my traffic came from dubious links that were super-duper long; I think it's all from scam websites.

At least now there's real traffic! Gosh I really am happy and thankful for the increased readership.

I know that sometimes my blog posts are very, very long, and they may get boring or incoherent at times. So I'm grateful that there are people who are willing to read through my nuances or grievances and my thoughts on them.

Of course, this increase in traffic also makes me 'stressed'. What shall I blog next? On the one hand, I don't want to lose readers. On the other hand, I don't want to blog only things that appeal to most, and neglect the topics that I like to blog about.

Truth be told, I already did up a scheduled post, but deleted it in the end. It was about Russian president Vladimir Putin. That post was one of the shortest I've ever done, and honestly, it sucked in retrospect. So I deleted it, and it's been replaced by this post you're reading now.

... I've probably repeated this countless times, but I'm really thankful for those who read. Even if you disagreeed with what I blogged, well at least you showed your support. Besides, disagreements would generate even better enlightenment for both parties at the end of the day, isn't it.

I suddenly thought of Xiaxue. I wonder how would she react if she got 8888 views. She probably wouldn't bat an eyelid. That's nothing to her. Or in fact, she probably would bat her eyelids, cos compared to the usual tens of thousands (I suppose?), it dropped to less than ten thousand?!

I hope that I would continue to receive more readers. I don't think it's really about narcissism; that's every blogger's goal.

I don't know what I will be blogging about tomorrow, but who knows?

TTFN.

Oh and to JQ: thanks for being my '忠實讀者' ah! Must be hard to 堅持 through thousand-word blog posts yeah. Enjoy your trip~ And don't get sunburnt anymore! :)



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。