singzeon.


(closed)



31 May 2012:

The happiness you get when you finally understand something.

After tuition just now, I was still a little unclear about electromagnetic induction. My tuition teacher was trying her best to explain the chapter to me, but I think my stupidity made that rather difficult for her. Especially the part where there was this a.c. generator; I had such a hard time visualising the generator.

I was feeling rather relieved previously, since I had managed to understand the chapters on current electricity and household electricity. Magnetism's around 50%, with some concepts still unclear. (I think those magnetic field lines are just sucky to draw.) Things got slightly better during electromagnetism, since I could at least understand Fleming's left-hand rule and teach it to JL.

When I was handed the worksheet on electromagnetic induction just now, I was simply lost. My teacher had just gone through the chapter with me, until the part on transformers, yet I almost couldn't do a single question. The only things I knew were 'vomit questions', those that were sure to score if you memorised the factors.

But I don't want to be clear of only those questions. When I returned home I checked Youtube to see what I could find. And thankfully I found Brightstorm.


Brightstorm is a free educational video website. It's American, so their syllabus is slightly different from our British (or rather Cambridge) one, but the content is more or less there. I watched three videos on Faraday-Lenz's law, electromagnetic induction, and the right-hand rule. And suddenly, I could understand the whole thing!

The teacher in the video was this enthusiastic guy with a ponytail (or whatever you call that), and he kept drilling the idea of 'SYSTEMS DO NOT LIKE CHANGE' until I knew how to look at the magnetic flux and decide its current. He explains things clearly, and sort of became the missing link between Mr L, my tuition teacher, and me.

There's also videos for biology and chemistry and maths (which includes AMaths), but I haven't viewed them yet. Brightstorm has videos on English, again I haven't viewed them, but I'm not sure if they might fit since its American English they're using. (Probably so, since it's not spelling videos yeah?)

So if you're struggling with physics (like me), or any other subject, you might wanna try out Brightstorm.

FYI: I'm certainly not paid for this yeah. I did this just cos I felt this website's really good.

~

School was alright today, with some not-so-happy moments squeezed in. J came to school for whatever reason, so I accompanied her for a while. I don't know why she's so terrified by FG guys, except for the fact that one guy in there is madly in love with her.

Chinese lesson wasn't used to write compo, as everyone thought so with the message telling us to bring dictionaries. We covered a 課文 and learnt how to be a '精華'. Physics was the worst moment of today, when I paired up with an arse named R. It's very mean to say so, but when he goes to America to study next year, it's good riddance to him.

People constantly insult him about his size, but it's actually his awful character that makes people pick on him. There are others who are equally big-sized, and not get picked on because they are not like him.

Oh for one, I do not advise people to sleep on the benches at councourse. It simply gives you a sore half-arse and a numb tail bone, as I sadly found out just now.

I think our vice-principal loves soya bean a lot. Yesterday she came in with at least 10 containers of 老伴, and today with soya bean milk.

Why am I so random? TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。