singzeon.


(closed)



4 April 2012:

Is this the end ...?


I've completed my only event for this year's competition.

8.06 points. I'm 7th position, if I'm not wrong. Is this score good? I'm not sure.

This year, I was not nervous at all. Yet my hands were still trembling a little. I don't know why. Previously, my heart would be beating furiously while waiting for my turn. This year there was nothing like that. I waited for my turn, went up, did the routine, and finished it.

I seem to be slightly stiffer than usual, which was a little saddening, since I'm supposed to be fully prepared. I don't really know why I was still stiff.

JY made a blatant mistake during his routine, but he got 8.23 points. Congrats to him. I'm sure he would do well for the remaining Taiji Jian event as well.

Many thanks to LN and R for helping me. I know I can get very annoying at times, you two were very, very nice to tolerate me. When LN talked to me before I left, I felt sad. It's both our last year competing, at least for B Division. For LN, she has one more event. Good luck to her, I hope she wins something.

Back to my question: is this the end? Am I going to end my Wushu "career" after 9+ years? Should I take up a different CCA after secondary school?

Currently, I'm now in a dilemma. Lots of factors would rope in here; it's not easily to untangle them.

If I were to continue Wushu, then I would really have to work hard for Victoria JC. They have the same coach as us now, so the transition would be quite "smooth". I don't think I would take up Wushu if I have to go to any other JC.

Then again, QB would not be in VJC. So even if I go to VJC, it'll be the two coaches. It's not that they're no good, but it's for a fact that they place less importance on Taiji events. It's impossible for me to switch events within two years; I can only continue Taiji if I want to continue Wushu.

A second option would be to go to English Drama in JC. I have been having strong urges for Drama ever since late last year. Actually, I have always been thinking of Drama since when I first joined SHHK. Later, I was made to quit, and until now I think my friends from SHHK still think I was the one who pulled out. No, it was never my choice to.

I have always been fascinated by Drama. SHHK focuses on Chinese Drama, but I wouldn't want to join Chinese Drama in JC. There would be too many PRCs and for some reason, I simply can't stand them - most of them.

Being in Drama would expect me to be very brave and express myself boldly. That's where I'm still not very good at. So, this pulls me back from fully going for Drama.

Now, it's really a dilemma. Should I, or should I not? To be or not to be? Would someone enlighten me?

~

By the way, some people really should know their boundaries. It's one thing to joke around and fool around. It's another when you continue even though the person subjected to all that is visibly mad. Just because you think it's funny or interesting doesn't mean the person may enjoy it too. Once or twice, everyone laughs and enjoys. Do it too many times, the person would get utterly angry.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。