singzeon.


(closed)



27 April 2012:

He is Mitch Hewer.






And he's my celeb crush.

~


Watch this video.

How did you feel after that 2 minutes and 40 seconds? Touched? Disgusted?

Some people claim that it is fake. I can't tell for sure, but why would anyone act gay in front of so many people and let themselves be put on Youtube? I'm not saying that being gay is anything shameful, but in Singapore there is still a stigma attached to LGBTs. I suppose most people wouldn't be willing to act gay, since they may be criticised, flamed, or simply looked down upon by others.

Oh, I saw this comment. "Singapore is not for gay." I wonder what he meant by that. Should the couple not return to Singapore because they would face so much prejudice from people? Or does he mean that Singapore does not welcome gays?

I hope it's not the latter. Singaporeans would be even more close-minded if that's the general mentality. I'm not saying that we should rush to embrace all kinds of unconventional things, but we should at least not discriminate simply because it's unconventional. We should only discriminate if it really goes against ethics, such as necrophilia. (That is really, really disgusting.)

I wish the couple happiness. Just like Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi. (I wonder ... is it 'Ellen and her wife' or 'Portia and her wife'?)


Lastly ...



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。