singzeon.


(closed)



13 January 2012:

I went for the audition of Dragon Voice, and did not make it to the next round.

To be honest, I am <5% sad. But I do regret some things I did not do ...

The audition was held at the tearoom. There were three judges: Mr D. T, Ms J. M, and Mr D. T. The scene was totally like American Idol, except of course there wasn't an elaborate set-up and all that.

The process was actually rather fast: you go in, Mr T asks you for your name and song title, and you can begin. So I started singing this song:




It's a new song by 孫燕姿: 明天的記憶 (2011) in her album 世說心語. The song's very addictive, which is a reason why I chose this song.

But I realised after the audition that this song actually wasn't that good to be used ... I'm not saying that her song is no good, but I don't think I performed that well with this song. Sure there were some parts which involved some techniques, but this genre wasn't that suitable for me.

In retrospect (LOL chim much), I probably should have done something that I have done for 3+ years: 天黑黑 by 孫燕姿 (c'mon, if you're expecting some other singer ...) I'm so much more familiar with that song and there's a part where it could show my "prowess". (I really don't know how else to describe it.)

Oh well, it's no point regretting for all that. On the plus side, I was told that I have a lot of potential. I'm not saying this just to brag about anything, but it sure is good receiving encouragement even though I didn't make it to the next round. (I sure hope that isn't a standard line said to everyone, hahah.)

Mr T also said that my tone and pitch was there, which made me happy too, cos at least I get these two elements. But I was told that I was trying to be "too perfect" and shouldn't have done that.

It was the same from 3 years ago when I went to PESA: the feedback given to me was that I focused too much on pronuncing the words accurately, until I neglected other aspects of public speaking. It's a little uncanny that 3 years on I am given the same feedback; of course, it also shows that I should really work on this too.

... Did I make this post become so sombre? I hope not~ Anyway, like what S said, it's the process, not the result. So that's what I'm gonna set out to do: not gonna shy away from singing but continue to hone it further ... Which was roughly what Mr T told me to do as well. :)

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。