singzeon.


(closed)



27 December 2011:

My last post was 1 month and 13 days ago.

A very big sorry to all the readers on my blog for deserting it for so long! I know I said before that I would blog at least once a week, but for the past six weeks I was in China, so I couldn't blog.

Yes, I have returned (not so) peacefully from the Fudan trip in Shanghai. In the 37 days there, I have learnt a lot, and knew more people, made more friends.

I'll be back-posting my reflections on this blog, so hopefully it fills you in on what I've been experiencing or feeling for the past 37 days. But being the procrastinator I am, I really don't want to give a deadline. So just search in my archives and if you're lucky, I would have started posting my Fudan trip reflections.

How is life after Fudan trip? I am getting miss-Fudan syndrome, a very serious form of it. I really do miss the lifestyle there, and all the small things like crossing the road wildly. Of course if I do that here in Singapore, I'd get lots of middle fingers and curse words at me, that's for sure.

And by the way, I got stomach flu after coming back from this trip. Nope, I didn't get it from eating their food there. I coped perfectly fine with their kind of food, of course with some getting used to at first. But what made me sick (I'm 99% sure) is a cup of orange juice onboard the return SIA flight.

I came back to Singapore on 23 Nov, which means I have been sick for 5 days now. The first two days were like shit. On my first night back in Singapore, I woke up every 1 hour or so to lausai until I felt weak. In the morning I thought I was better but guess what, I vomited. It was some green liquid and I freaked out a little.

2 hours later and after a doctor's visit, I have 3 types of medicine to take: for vomit, lausai, and gastric. Today I have stopped taking the medicine, hopefully the condition doesn't worsen again.

Of course, I still have occassional lausai and still can't really eat solid food. But what made me so anguished is that I can't eat local fare the moment I come back! On Facebook someone was posting about how she ate local fare almost every meal, and I'm like argh I want to eat it too ...!

Never mind, once I get better I can start eating those again ... Oh. But I still have to 補齋 since I skipped it on 25 Dec. I didn't skip it just to eat turkey or something okay ... It was cos I was so sick and it's not that easy to find 齋 stuff suitable for my sick stomach. Maybe I should 補齋 only when school reopens, since it's easier getting 齋 in the canteen.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。