singzeon.


(closed)



12 November 2011:

It's been a long time since I last blogged, eh.

If I'm not wrong, it was eighteen (or is it seventeen?) days since I last blogged. The last one was about communication. This one was originally supposed to be about something else, but I want to talk bout how irritating spammers and bots are.

My blog clocked 880 page views yesterday. Naturally I would be happy and elated for all the page views, but obviously these page views are not human ones. Why would 880 people bother to read a blog that has been stale for 17 days? It's not as if I am Adelyn Hosehbo ... My previous post was nothing scandalous or controversial ...

So I can only conclude that it must be the work of bots. Which I really detest. I don't understand why there must be people in the world who do such things. They create fake websites that spread malicious viruses when you enter them. Are these people happy when others get viruses? I don't understand!

And it's so irritating when it occurs on my Twitter account too. There have been so many times where I found 4 "replies" to my tweets: they were actually automated bots working by tagging me with some dubious links about  a particular McDonalds Gift Card.

Please, anyone would be able to tell by the address that it looks too good to be true. Besides that, why would McDonalds resort to such a gimmick for its gift cards? It is earning millions everyday, why do they need to make use of such guerrilla marketing?

Even on Facebook does the bots do their job. I don't wanna elaborate anymore about how irritating and frustrating it is to deal with these bots. If only there was some solution to kill off any bots before they even attack. And to the people behind these bots, c'mon, get a life. Or go f___ yourself. There's no need to make others' lives so miserable / irritating / horrible.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。