singzeon.


(closed)



11 October 2011:

Why must ‘goodbye’ come after ‘hello’?

There seems to be a lot of "goodbyes" recently, at least in the past few weeks.

I'm sorry if this post may come across as being very "bland" after you finish reading it. I am recounting all these from my memory, and sometimes some interesting or sentimental parts just don't come out. And so I miss it out. Too bad.

1. My seniors have graudated. Technically, my cohort is now the "biggest" and oldest in the school. Graduation night was last Friday, where all the Sec 4s crowded into the Grand Audi. I remembered two things most fondly from the whole event: the singing of the school song, and our SC tradition of ending the event.

At around 1730, the school song started playing in the Grand Audi. Everyone started singing it. It was really the loudest I've ever heard, even louder than when you factor in the enthu Sec 1s during normal Monday assemblies.

It's slightly ironic, don't you think so? Every Monday, for the past four years, the Sec 4s rarely opened their mouths to even utter a single word. Yet they sang it so loudly for the last time ... 

Anyways. I miss my seniors. Of course, not everyone. I'm glad that some are gone (or will be going; they have too by December 31 anyway). But, there are others that I don't wish to see them leave. I've spent at least 2 years with them, and they have taught me a lot, made me happy, and simply listen to me talk crap.

人有悲歡離合,月有陰晴圓缺,此事古難全。

Never mind. I just have to accept that it's part and parcel of life. I have to deal with such things. Of course, I should not make it out to be so pessimistic after all. With Facebook, or handphones, I can easily contact my seniors if I want to. Vice versa, of course. So it isn't that bad, after all. 

2. Some teachers are leaving. It seems that more teachers are leaving this year, than in past years. Maybe it's my judgemental error, or maybe there's a conspiracy going on ... LOL no.

Anyways. The fact about teachers leaving is true. It's really saddening since the teacher had been great to us, and the whole class liked her a lot. It's rare that a teacher could make the whole class like him / her nowadays, yet this teacher did it. 

But now, she's leaving. Of course, she is actually advancing herself. She is moving on to a "better environment", still related to education. So actually, we should be happy for her. It's just that, after close to one year of being so used to her, her sudden departure would surely jolt us a little.

... Yes I know I sound like I'm just recounting a very boring story (or maybe 2) to you ... It sure was more emotional when I first thought of it / heard about it. But because of my strict hiatus to prepare for the exams, I stopped myself from blogging. Not even doing scheduled posts!

But the hiatus actually wasn't so successful. And I think my brain is antagonistic. Whenever I go on a hiatus, my brain would brim with classic blogging ideas or stories. But when I resume, suddenly all ideas fly away and I am back to boring stuffs like these. I once resolved to writing the ideas down, but sometimes I get too engrossed planning my future posts that I forget all about writing it down. Days later, it's gone. Haiz.

Anyways, TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。