singzeon.


(closed)



27 October 2011:

I wanna talk about communication.

SC has published a survey for the whole school to do. And from what I heard, some people are intending to give random and nonsensical responses to the questions. Or, they are planning to select all the "strongly agree" options.

This may sound high-handed but, if the students don't do the survey seriously, how is SC gonna change to serve the school more properly?

It's true that SC needs to change. We may need to make some of the rules less strict, and offer some concessions. That's why there was this survey. No doubt, I'm sure this survey is partially to check the students' perception towards SC.

That's why proper and sincere response is necessary from the students. It's rather sad to see how the students dismiss the survey as something unessential and just select "strongly agree". If that's the case, when Mr Y sees the result (where most questions have positive responses), he'll probably think: Alright, so actually no change is needed.

And from there, SC would probably be even more disliked. Popularity ratings hit a high the previous year, if I'm not wrong. Of course, I would like the ratings to maintain. But, there have been stronger demands for some changes in the rules.

I'm sure the Top 6 has been inexorably pushing for some changes, but I think there is resistance somewhere in the system. If the student population doesn't "come together" (by means of survey response), how are the Top 6 gonna push for even more changes that would certainly be very welcome by the student population?

Another thing I hear is that some people, I think the Lower Sec, may choose positive responses because they are afraid. Which I don't understand. I can say surely that SC does accept negative feedback. And probably now, all the more negative feedback is required for SC to change. There really isn't a reason to be afraid or anything. It's not China, where if you don't side a particular lobby, you'll get punished. (No offence to anyone from China, but this is all too true. Of course, I believe there has been less of this now.)

To be frank, I've also answered "disagree" to some questions. Of course, it's because I genuinely think so, not because I simply want to spite SC or anything. Which brings me to another extreme I am afraid of. Without a doubt, there will be "hardcore protestors", that will rebut and knock down anything SC does. These people would probably select "strongly disagree" for every option. It is equally non-constructive, since this isn't an accurate judge on whether SC really is that lousy.

Now I know why Mr S would say "please be mature" when briefing for Good Teachers' Checklist.


TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。