singzeon.


(closed)



12 September 2011:

I hereby declare that this advertisement is crap.


In case you haven't seen it yet, this advertisement by London Weight Management has been playing on primetime advertising slots like 8pm - 9pm.

Why do I say that this advertisement is crap?

1. This advertisement was greatly exaggerated. I thought at first that this was an advertisement commisioned by some government body, since it has come up with a few fabulous ones like Family and Filial Piety previously. But no, this seemed a bit unusual for such an advertisement. Suddenly, it hit me. Smack in the face: it's just yet another advertisement saying that being fat is no good. You have successfully crushed how many people's hearts out there.

2. What was even more appalling was the way it misled people to think that after slimming down, the risk of getting heart disease was be reduced. That is a big no.


Heart disease is caused when there is accumulation of fats and cholesterol in arteries like the one above, the right coronary artery. That causes an excess pressure and restricted blood flow. How does slimming down help in reducing such occurrences?

Face it. If women (or men, for that matter) have been sending oily, deep fried foods into their system, it's a lie to think and hope that undergoing slimming would solve all these problems.

Can you imagine if after slimming, a woman suddenly gets heart disease or a heart attack? I wonder how cheated she would feel then.

The only way to stop or prevent heart disease and the like is to have a healthy diet, and exercise regularly. Indulge in such food from time to time, but not having it as a staple.

3. This advertisement once again puts down women who are fat. It is almost saying "When I'm fat, I will get awful diseases and illnesses, my husband won't want me, I will lose my job" for every woman out there. Of course, there are heartless men and bosses, but that's definitely not the majority! And even if it were the majority, this advertisement just helps in increasing the amount of prejudice that fat women get!

People should just accept others for how they appear. Of course, I'm also not saying that morbidly obese people do nothing about their condition. They should do some exercise too. But the discrimination against fat people should stop. Especially towards fat women.

In history, 楊貴妃 was actually obese. Yet, in modern depictions of her, she is much, much slimmer than how she should look like. What's wrong with being obese? Some people are like that because it's hereditary, not that they want it!! So why are people despising fat people so much?

...

Okay, I might have drifted slightly out of point, since I was too eager in proving how the advertisement is crap. But anyways, you get the drift.

TTFN.

Oh wait, I must admit. Yes, I do make fun of one fat person. I'm not gonna list his initials even, since it's not very nice. But in my defense, that's cos he's an ass. Hahah, and of course, because he and I are good friends, so he knows half the time I don't mean it. But when I do, it's still because he's an ass. Yep, that's about it.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。