singzeon.


(closed)



26 September 2011:

I feel like Obama, asking for more time.

The above was an euphemism, though. If it were stripped of metaphors, it'd probably be something like "My life is screwed and I suck." Because I don't want to sound like some depressive person who rants from the first line, I've made this title slightly positive and humorous.

It's Monday today, and I already have a few things screwed up! Not exactly the optimistic outlook I promised myself to search for everyday, but I have a feeling it may just get worse. Exams are next week, and I am not prepared for it. I did some revision previously, but that is probably 九牛一毛 when you compare it to the amount of things being tested for the exams.

Oral is on Wednesday; it is sort of the first "paper" of the exams. I hope I do it well and can at least assure a certain percentage of my English grades. I seriously do not want to fail any subjects. Of course, the ideal would be to get at least B3 for all subjects (L1R5: 18). This would sound like an excuse, but I'm happy for at least a B3 for all subjects (k maybe except Chinese; I nida get an A1) since the school is setting all it's papers to kick-arse difficulty.

I genuinely worry for my History and Social Studies. Since (1) it is my only Humanities subject; (2) I suck at explanation, which is such a pity since I could have gotten marks for a full PEE process if not for that; and (3) I feel that I put in a lot of effort for it, or at least for History.

I may be over-generalising, but I seem to be the only one that really likes History. Others I know simply take it because it was the only thing to do if they wanted that particular subject combination (it became a trade-off), or because they are so ace at explaining factors, so they take it simply to score well. Either way, their "passion" for History is but a superficial one. But of course, none sucks more than me: the one that likes History till an almost fanatic stage, yet gets one of the lowest. It's almost a paradox on its own.

Today I talked to MY, an ex-classmate. His Social Studies seemed rather alright, since he was able to pass that bloody Mid-Year paper. He told me:

Treat the markers like idiots; explain every single step to them.

Well, the Achilees' heel of my explanations is that I always think that I have explained enough. However to the teacher, my explanations often have gaps or missing links. ):

Oh well, let's hope I can buck up this time. The worst thing is that for Humanities, it's tough buying topical assessment books, since they often jumble skills and topics together. So the first topic may be tested with the last skill, and I can't do such a question. :/

What to do ... Never mind. I shall end the post here; the following is a funny video. Let's hope it made you laugh a little, at least for a second or two. Then you can get back to your equally hectic and mundane life like me.




aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。