singzeon.


(closed)



3 September 2011:

How do you think my blog looks now?

Out of impulse today, I created a new blog skin. This is the most satisfied blog skin I have ever created. And I'm glad this design suceeded in the end, since I spent almost 3 hours of my time working on this skin.

Still, there were some stuff that I did not get to implement, but never mind. At least I could achieve at least 80% of what I wanted. I am slightly sore about not being able to use Chinese web fonts. I subscribed to Fonts.com's web fonts service, but the script didn't seem to work. For my English and Russian font, which is the same, I used Google Web Fonts, which was very good! :)

The logo was created by me :) But of course, I must give credit to GIMP for being such a wonderful editor. The font is called "hand writing multu", which I don't know what that means. I remember I downloaded this font from who-knows-where, and there were four other fonts that came with it. The other four were mainly shadows, so I supposed it was meant to be used profesionally.

So I deleted the four other fonts, and kept this one. Thankfully I rememberd this font, else my logo would not be as nice as it is today. And yep, that's about it.

TTFN.

If anyone knows how to solve the problem of not having a Chinese web font, please do let me know. You could do so via the "moreofme" area in the sidebar. I'd really appreciate it!



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。