singzeon.


(closed)



8 August 2011:

I was not socially responsible enough.

I don't know if this is the first time or not, but this is probably the most severe time. Here's what happened:

A schoolmate L - whom I do not know in real life - posted on Facebook, talking about a "challenge". When the criteria of the challenge was met, he came up with various reasons to deem it invalid. Feeling that it was cowardly of him to do so, I openly inveighed against his challenge. Some of the words I chosen were extremely inappropriate and contained strong messages.

It was no wonder that L got very angry when he found out about it. Following that, I wrote him an apology "letter". There is still no response, yet. I truly hope he can put this matter aside and perhaps account it on my foolishness.

What I meant to criticse then was just the act; whoever did such a thing, I would most probably have about the same response then. Of course, looking back, that was probably not the wisest and best response I could have given. Like what I stated to L: What I said was never directed at him. It was actually meant to be about the action itself.

---

Some people heard about my "escapade". Among the responses: "Of all the people, why did you choose to offend L?" I don't comprehend.

Firstly, like what I mentioned, this was done not to offend L. (Of course, logically speaking, it is the most natural response that could be invoked.) Secondly, does this mean that if the person I inveighed against was not L, it was perfectly alright for me?

I don't think I can agree with that. For having caused all the trouble, I sincerely regretted it. After all, it still is my fault. No matter who I would offend, it would still be my fault. Some people think that's I've done a serious thing because it's involving L; to me, it's important regardless of who I have offeneded.

I apologised, because I did something wrong. I apologised, not because I was afraid of L. I respect him, and trust that this episode will quickly die down.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。