singzeon.


(closed)



17 August 2011:

Я расчлененный сердце овечье!

It seems to me that I have been absent from the blogosphere for almost a week. :/ Currently, school life isn't all that busy, as compared to the period of June-July, where there was Investiture and SAP Seminar to handle. So why am I not posting more frequently?


Yes, I am currently hooked onto this "police procedural drama" (this description according to Wikipedia). It's mainly about forensic psychology, and how it helped solve crimes. I've completed slightly less than half of the series. As of now, I have a rather good impression of it. Of course, there are obvious gaps in the plot. Many a time, forensic psychology procedures and observations would not be required should the forensic pathology report be mentioned. There were numerous occasions where the case was solved later than usual because the forensic pathology report was not used.

The report was only mentioned once or twice thus far, and it helped only as a bridge in the plot. In real life, however, importance is actually placed on forensic pathology than forensic psychology, since pathology is after all a more objective science. I'm not saying that forensic psychology is all bull, but forensic pathology has more "solid" grounds.


Another show that I am addicted to is The Big Bang Theory! I have almost finished watching Season 4 (I think I'm left with one more episode), and Season 5 is coming soon next month. I actually watch it through Funshion, and the episodes get uploaded really fast! I thought Season 4 must have came out 1 year ago, but it turns out that the episodes are available at the same time as the American release, or even faster. Who knows how the PRCs do it; anyways, they are capable of such things. This time, in a good way. :)

///

Besides all that. I learnt sine and cosine graphs today; Mrs P is a really good A Math teacher! Although sometimes she is naggy, it always turns out to be funny. She also has a lot of epic phrases. K, if I were to express today as a graph ...


#nerdboi96 I know, but it actually describes how my day went!

The morning started off badly. I was late for Chinese because of Full-board Meeting (no, that wasn't the reason for a bad morning). When I went in, I found that someone from the other class had taken my seat. I can't really blame her, since she probably had nowhere else to sit (with her friend) and my seat and the seat beside me was empty.

Then I discovered I do not have a newspaper. I searched around like a beggar, but everyone said that all newspapers were given out. Even teacher couldn't locate one for me. (Not his fault, though.) I went around practically the whole class. No one knew anything. I was dejected (?)

In case you don't know, I value newspapers more than anyone else in the class. Especially the Chinese ones. Call me geeky and/or nerdy, but I believe that reading newspapers is a good way to gain knowledge of what's happening around the whole world. The Chinese ones are especially important, since at home I only have The Straits Times, and I desperately need Chinese reading material throughout the week.

I felt it was unfair. Probably almost half the class couldn't care one bit about the newspapers, yet they have a copy of it. I yearn for it so much, and I am left begging around for it. Maybe you think I am just exaggerating this whole issue, but to me it really mattered.

After a while, I gave up. I stopped searching for it. Suddenly, after the period ended, a copy of the newspaper was given to me. Apparently, it was an extra copy (supposedly for me) that was misplaced somewhere. I was too angry and tired to even bother finding out what happened.

At least my day was slightly better around 10 o'clock. I went for filming to help SY for her Chinese Media Studies coursework. (I missed two lessons!) The whole process was rather smooth, and it was a rather new experience for me! I've only done a radio production, so this was another unique avenue. Although I wasn't very good, but luckily SY was very patient with me, and 5 scenes were completed in an hour or so. Seems rather okay, yeah? :) I hope the final product comes out great! (Hopefully I don't affect her grade ...)

Oh! I really hope I could do the voice-over for SY's project as well. I've always liked voice-overs, since it's actually more challenging than doing a "TV" recording. You can only make use of your voice (not even sound effects) to bring across a message, or sometimes even multiple messages. If you are doing a video recording, you can make use of transitions, facial expressions, and actions to bring about the same point(s). Let's see if she gets the green light for it.

After the filming was done, I went off to Bio Lab for heart dissection! It certainly is very significant, since this is my first "specimen" that I have handled. Sadly, it was only the heart ... Heh. Many have said that I am heartless, for being so "disgusting" with the heart. My incision was slightly better than other groups; I hope that is a really positive sign for my future as a forensic pathologist!

And finally, Wushu. Wushu was alright, being a Wednesday. Coach QB was not there (or rather not supposed to, but he came), so Taiji people would do the normal stuffs with the rest. Today, I really 拼命了 for some actions I am more comfortable with. I did splits so hard on the ground until my knee is still hurting. Not to mention my injured (now much better) right ankle and my left thigh. By the end of 基本功, my legs were so weak I couldn't even do 旋子.

Now when I move my legs, I can feel my knee area moving very alarmingly. The bones and/or ligaments and/or muscles seem to be screeching every time I move it. I seriously hope that there would not be a second partial dislocation of my knee, as it did earlier this year.

TTFN.

This blog post took me almost an hour to complete. I must seriously stop procrastinating and being distracted while completing stuffs. By right, this blog post was to be finished in at most half an hour. After that, I am too study Transport in Plants. I wanted to bring my textbook back to study yesterday (and study Physics today), but I left it in the canteen. Luckily T was able to find it.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。