singzeon.


(closed)



14 June 2011:

(not breaking my hiatus yet.)

Just wanted to bring your attention to Singapore Blog Awards 2011. The voting period is now on, so do vote for your favourite bloggers (if any)!

Comparing my blog against theirs, it's almost comparing a tennis ball and the Sun. Kay, maybe my analogy isn't that good, but you get the picture ... right? Meaning: my blog is nothing compared to theirs.

*extremely xenophobic statement coming up* I am not planning to vote for any Malaysian's blog. Nothing against Malaysians (most of them), but there are some reasons behind it. Never mind, don't let that affect you if you're voting.

And I am not voting for Ris Low as well. Don't ask me why; just go read her blog. Or if you read it and disagree, oh well, it's your choice.

I am not going to vote (I know it's very contradicting with the earlier part of my post; this post was completed while reading a lot of blogs), since it requires me to register with my NRIC. So yeah, if you don't mind, then go ahead and vote!

But personally, I'll be voting for:

TypicalBen @ http://typicalben.blogspot.com/ (Best Individual Blog)
Luke Phang @ http://lukeyishandsome.com/ (Best WTH Blog)
Fong Yee Leong @ http://yiliang-room.blogspot.com/ (Best Photography Blog)
Jing Wei @ http://sketchy-lines.blogspot.com/ (Best Y Bloggist)

I either did not find anyone to vote for the other categories, or I simply did not bother to check the other categories. Before I leave, some finalist bloggers are really despo for the award. They do things out of the ordinary just in hope to gain votes. If it were me, I would not vote for such a blogger, since it's as if he just blogs to win the award. It is an attractive trip to Melbourne, but ... must some people really do that? Oh, and other blogs came across as being "dissident". Just my thoughts, that's all.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。