singzeon.


(closed)



4 June 2011:

My style of leadership.

During the camp, there was this incident. I shalt not spell out the incident. This incident, or rather the thoughts I had thereafter, made me set out to think of my style of leadership. Everyone has their own style, even Mr G said so during the short speech he made after the end of the camp.

When I lead, of course, I would expect that my team and I would achieve the best results. Here is where the negative side of my leadership kicks in: I am prepared to "fire" anyone that does not achieve what is expected.

Immediately, I suppose, this would be interpreted as being very bossy and fussy. While I have no comments on the bossy part, I must agree that I am very fussy when it comes to selecting members. No doubt, most of the time, we are not allowed to choose who we get to work with. If not, many of us would just stick to their safety zones. However, in a way, you can say that I am selfish to a certain extent, picking the best members and leaving the rest for others.

And, I am very straight-forward, without much consideration of people's feelings. A lot of people have said that I am very mean; yes I am aware of it. This would entail a "Well, why aren't you changing?" I do not have an answer for that at the moment, maybe I will have it soon.

When I think all these through, it seems as if my style of leadership is like Lee Kwan Yew. Of course, this is not to say that I am as talented and capable as him. No doubt, I am nowhere near to his achievements. But, of course, I would still give what I have, especially for this investiture.

For the investiture, I would be co-leading the Logistics comm. I changed from I/C to 2I/C, since I forecasted some troubles in handling the group with such leadership styles. Hence, I would still be leading people, but not fully. Our proposal (as a group) needs to be done by 11 June; I hope nothing goes majorly wrong from now till then.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。