singzeon.


(closed)



25 June 2011:

Anyone follows @BvsSG on Twitter?

If I'm not wrong, @BvsSG came up only a few days ago. The concept of the account was rather interesting, posting what a British and a Singaporean might probably say of an incident or issue. The concept was a hit amongst teens like me, and within a few days:


This screenshot was taken about 9.40pm. I'm sure it'll steadily increase at least for a few days. I really take my hat off him, being able to think of so many funny and apt scnearios and phrases.

But.

How does he react when he has a "hater"?


This way. Me: O.o

Then, his friends (or maybe some random follower that decided to 拔刀相助) tweeted him and he RT-ed them. I cut and pasted some tweets that were ... "objectionable".



Me: ?! Does this guy know PR? Although yes he has a lot of followers, but what how he replied was seriously not right. Of course, I aren't a PR manager or anything, but I'm sure doing that just make those people who are sitting on the fence drop to the other side!

He also made a thank-you video to his followers. Watch the whole thing, and you'll realise what else he talks about his haters.

I seriously, seriously don't think that was nice of him. After all, if he were to look back, what his "haters" said were merely facts. It was complaints of him being "noisy", which meant that he was posting too much. As much as I like it, I have to agree that sometimes people are irritated by 5 tweets at a go, or mass RT-ing.

In fact, others might get annoyed by his awfully funny tweets and make a mental note to ignore it. Isn't he defeating his purpose of reaching out to as many people as possible with his tweets?

While I was screenshoting all the tweets above, I saw that he rebutted the hater:


Which was an epic failure. Because according to Wikipedia, "aren't" is the more correct and accepted contraction. And if I'm not wrong, "ain't" is more American, which is very funny, since he talks about British vs Singapore English.

///

Joanne Peh recently ranted about service at Nandos. Already, people are accusing her of being a diva and being difficult towards staff. Can you imagine if he was in her footsteps?

(It sounds like leadership theory but) followers should be earned. Somehow I feel that he is taking for granted that since he posts such awesome stuff (which really is), he should be getting followers, and all haters should __(insert phrase)__. Oh well.

Disclaimer (being such a kiasu person I have to, after such a post): 1. I am in no way related to @LiTing_g. I don't even know who she is! So if you wanna say that I'm doing this post just to help my "friend" or what, no I don't know her. 2. This is not a hate post. I'm not trying to get everyone to not follow him and flame him. I'm just airing my thoughts about what he has done. 3. I am not the best in this world. If there are things that I have said wrongly in this post, anyone can clarify it with me. If anyone is really adamant about it, I even don't mind changing my post, so long as it is the truth.

By the way, I'm still following @BvsSG, cos what he tweets about are real funny! But I still don't like it when he becomes too cocky. :/



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。