singzeon.


(closed)



24 May 2011:

Tomorrow would be an important day.

After a year, it's finally election day for Council. I still remembered last year when I - clueless then - was first told to stay back one afternoon for something relating to Council. I went, and listened to their speeches, and voted. It's going to be the same this year. Last year, it was held at the Multi-purpose Hall at Innosphere. This year, it is going to be held at LT1.

I do not remember my choices then, but I remember being more or less happy and satisfied with most of the choices that were made. Till now, I am very grateful that we were being led by such a capable ExCo. About a month later, it would be our time to step up and lead. It is certainly a very sacred thing (at least to me), and of course I really wish that our batch as a whole, would be able to push the board to even better heights.

This time, there are 10 candidates vying 6 spots. Of course, I am not going to publicly air my views about them - since it may be considered as instigation, and it would be unpleasant and incorrect for me to do - but I would like to say some general things.

Disclaimer as usual. Although I may be saying all these things, please do not assume I am claiming my superiority over them. They are the same as me: Sec 3s. But what I have here are some thoughts only. Though I might say mean things, it is never obviously against a person. I am - in no way - being 

Among the 10 candidates, I roughly have my thoughts on who should assume a role. Some will almost certainly bring about bad change to the board. Some will unleash their potential to a maximum, and set an even higher standard for the board.

The sad thing is that some very talented people were strongly against being part of Top6. (No hypocritical sense here, if you know what I mean and have comments about this statement.) Well, maybe this is the pattern of our board instead.

I strongly desire a post of Section Leader instead. Although I would be able to serve more people (i.e. the whole board instead of only a section), but I feel that I am more "fated" with my section. Without discrediting SK or HQ, JY or V, or even previous Section Leaders, I feel that the section still has room for more progress. No doubt, the four of them did push the standards of the section up. They even made me feel strongly for the section and the board, in contrast to a repulsive former self when I first entered. (Sadly, critics often labelled this as 'brainwashing.) I felt out of place previously; now I am fighting hard to take over and manage my section.

I actually have other thoughts as well, but they are certainly too volatile to be published here. Oh well. Let's see about it when the results are finally out.

To all candidates out there: good luck! :)

Just for nothing, there was a problem on my Physics worksheet involving Kate today. My first reaction? Add in Spade. What else can I say ...



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。