singzeon.


(closed)



8 April 2011:

Wushu is a team sport.

Yesterday, I asked on Formspring about what to blog about. Yeah, I was a little short of ideas. One of the answers was about SYF practices. Since Wushu doesn't have SYF, but it has a competition, I shall blog about it!

It's been four days since the competition started on the 5th of April. Today was another "Taiji day"; it was Taiji events on one court for a while. (What I don't understand was why the Taiji events cannot be held throughout the whole of today; then there is no need for Monday's "Taiji day" again.) Anyway, there is good news to day again. LN became the first double gold medallist, getting gold for both Taiji Quan and Taiji Jian.

To the rest of the Taiji people, never mind, you have tried your best, so winning does not matter. Me and R will be competing on Monday for 42 Taiji Quan, so let's see how we perform then. Note to self: I should not be so nervous again.

Oh, another thing. People have been asking me about my results. Well, sorry, but my "style" is that I don't like to disclose anything about my competition. And I don't do that only when I lost, so please, I am not a sore loser that does not admit losing. One behaviour of Ri really irked me. He went to my venue and took a video of me. Then he threatened to post it on Facebook.

Like, how irritating can you get, Ri? I already did not say much about you being there, since I can't really stop you, although I did mention that I don't like people watching, cos that'll make me more nervous. Then, you take a video. -.- Oh, and you showed it to people from my class.

Much as I don't like audiences, I'd rather having people watching it "live", than watching it from someone's phone or video camera. I don't why, but I really don't like it. Maybe you could say it's a pet peeve of mine ...

This year, our school has not been performing well. I'm not gonna point fingers at anyone, since it's a team effort, but we should all buck up. I'll buck up too, yeah. Let's hope to get our school in the top 3 places at least! I know one division surely has no problem with that, cos a few people received placings today.

I'm ending my post with a comment made by the ridiculous authoritarian, again.
Maybe you should not get gold. This way, your coach would have doubts about you, so next year you won't need to compete. Then you can spend more time on your studies.

Hmm, I wonder what values I can pick up from there? Selflessness?



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。