singzeon.


(closed)



15 April 2011:

This week has been an eventful week.

So many things have happened. I don't know where I should begin with.

The Wushu competition has ended, after two weeks or so. This year was my second year attending the competition. I don't know why, but I suddenly became so nervous before my turn. Before that, I totally wasn't nervous at all. So, I still don't know why my body suddenly decided to pump some unnecessary adrenalin into my body. Anyway, so that's about my event.

By the way, you can stop asking about my score / position / "how did you do". It's a personal habit of mine, but I don't like to reveal it, regardless of whether I won or not. So it's also not because I lost, so I don't have the guts to tell it. Well, if you want, there actually are some ways to find out my result. So go on if you want.

The group event yesterday was very exciting, with many "thrills and spills". There was this school that used 九節鞭 (whip) as their group weapon. At first, I was really bored, so I didn't know exactly what that was (the whip was kept and "hidden" in their hands); so I was just staring at whatever it could be. Then all of a sudden, 8 whips fly out of 8 hands at the same time. The crowd went crazy. That effect really went well, although in the end they didn't really get a very good score.

Then the same school used 三節棍 (three-section cudgel) for their B Division Boys. That really was bad. They were hitting the floor with their weapon for most of the time (as in, this was part of their routine), but there sure wasn't going well with the judges. In the end, they had the lowest score for that event. Maybe next year, their coach would change their weapons to something more common.

Next up, a lament on my studies. Because of the Wushu competition, so I have been missing lessons. At first it seemed okay, then suddenly I discover that for a few subjects, the remaining content is a lot, and I have to cover them alone. I also missed a few test in the process; luckily they are more or less settled by now. I still have a Chinese test on Monday morning. I striked a bet with HX that for every 1 mark difference, the loser has to pay the winner $0.50. So if HX wins me by 8 marks, I have to pay her $4! Which also means, I definitely need to do my very best for this test.

And my History hasn't been coping well. It also doesn't help that my History teacher started on a new chapter on Stalin during the lesson that I was away. This means another subject for me to "teach myself". For content, I think it's still okay. But for skills, I'm doomed if I missed it as well. I think I should start looking out for consulation sessions.

I've been quite sleepy this few days. I think it's also because of the Wushu competition. (Ms C, if you're reading this, I'm actually fine! :D) By next week, I should be back to my original state. I sure hope it's not too late to start preparing for the MYE.

#10: I seriously don't think that being on television is an especially glamorous thing to do. It is something to be proud of, but I don't understand why some people will go crazy when they know their friend went on TV. Are you "sharing the joy"? Or just finding a way to be partially in the limelight so that you can boast to more people that "my friend went on TV"? (Does this even count as #100factsaboutme? LOL.)



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。