singzeon.


(closed)



26 March 2011:

I don't like the weekends.

It's not like I am an anti-social freak that hates weekends cos it means having to meet people. (Well, maybe sometimes.) I dislike weekends, because weekends are when both parents are at home. Now you must be thinking: this is one rebellious kid; hates it with parents. But, if you don't understand my family situation, you do not deserve to comment.

Being in a dysfunctional family really does do something to your mood. You get all negative and moody. At least, that is the case for me. Weekends are the days where I have to face the authoritarian for the entire day, instead of only at night during weekdays. Take note, I may be rebellious, but my feelings do not just arise just from that. It's because of years of pressure and torture. Yes, I would use torture, or maybe abuse might be better.

If then, I had the brain to take a picture of my wounds, or maybe just go to the police post straight away, there might be change. At least, the authoritarian would have to cut back on the discipline measures. Years of discipline made me complying, then rebellious. It does kick in sometime, where the brain doesn't want to be pushed and pushed. It will want to break out. No need for total freedom, I admit I'm not mature enough for it. But maybe in a truly "democratic" household, not one that resembles a communist regime.

Alright, that shall be enough of my very moody rant. I shall blog about my conquest to finish homework, although this is much duller than the previous topic.

For the first time in years, (seriously, years) I felt the urge to really do homework. Not the kind of rush work that I used to do, but serious work. I don't know where this sudden push came from, but it did. I finished (half of) my Chinese homework already, which would normally be impossible even though it is my best subject. So, can you imagine how much agony (and of course laziness) I felt everytime I had to do Geog homework last time? In the end, I really didn't do it.

Back to where I was. So, later in the night, I shall be completing other homework. There's History speech which is a week overdue, and I think there is also A Math exercises to complete. I think I shall also read up on Chemistry, since I feel that I'm lagging in it ... That's all for now.

Wait! If you have Twitter, you would have known a Trending Topic known as #100factsaboutme. I shall start it too, but on my blog, one per posts. So that'll give me a long long time to think of all 100, since I will take at least half a year to finish the facts. Here's the first one.


#1: I have a dark side.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。