singzeon.


(closed)



18 March 2011:

I actually wanted to rant bout a stall before dinner.

But after I ate it, I decided not to. Well, yesterday, I ordered Hor Fun from the stall at the kopitiam beside Siglap Centre. The soup was bland. The kway teow is just flour stuck together, no joke, it has NO TASTE AT ALL. The meat is worse than vegetarian meat, it tastes totally fake. The prawn tasted so Q it seemed fake.

So I was very reluctant to order from the same stall again. But what could I do? That was the only stall open at the kopitiam. I just ate Macs and KFC, so I can't eat that. Bascially, I don't know what to eat. So anyway, I still ordered Hokkien Mee. Before this, I didn't know that Hokkien Mee had a soup version, so I was very surprised when I was given a packet with soup inside. I still asked if this was Hokkien Mee. The stall auntie gave me a look and started explaining what mees are dry, what mees are soupy.

I felt like an idiot, still a little surprised. I was pretty sure that was Lor Mee they served me, but I just said Okay and went back. The moment I reached home, I opened it. Yes, Hokkien Mee smell. So the lady was correct after all. This Hokkien Mee was so much nicer than the Hor Fun. I don't want to give a detailed description of the Mee, but it was so much nicer.

And that was the drama of the night. In other news, there was this woman at the opp. Parkway Parade bus stop that went round asking people if they had a dollar. I don't want to be so mean, but I think she is either very despo, or having a screw loose. She literally went to almost everyone in the bus stop (which is a lot, since it was peak hour at PP), and asked the same question. For Malays and Indians, she used English. For young Chinese, she used Mandarin. For old Chinese, she used dialect.

I must say I'm impressed with her languages, hahah. That was incident of the night, I suppose. Wushu was alright just now, spent time talking with A about the recently ended camp. [I wanted to do a post about the camp, maybe that shall come after this post. Any later and I'll forget details of it.] Of course, the rest of the time went to Y. :) Today was one of the rare days that I was very enthu about Taichi. Normally, I would be very restless, and I would be coming up with lots of excuses to slack, when coach is not here. Surprisingly, I was not for today's training. I even did two consecutive fist and sword routines.

Basically, that sums it up. Oh, and the authoritarian is coming back today. Let's just wait and see if the Cold War still continues.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。