singzeon.


(closed)



4 February 2011:

I hadn't decided on blogging since it is 初二, but I saw this.

While surfing on Twitter, I found the account of a Campus Superstar contestant Jeremy Teng (丁文淞). I went on to his blog, and saw a post about being gay. So, I decided to break away from my break and do a post similar to his one. But first, a disclaimer to you:

This post does not equate to me being gay. In case anyone of you out there that think this way, you are shallow (as quoted from his post). I also do not believe that he is gay as well, just like me, trying to help this special community out. If you feel "uncomfortable" about the things that I have posted, do tell me on my Cbox. I may consider removing anything if I feel it is really too much.

Frankly speaking, I don't understand some people are so against gays. Like what he said, it's just a sexual preference. People will do different things at times. I believe they are fully aware of what they are doing. Unlike other things, you don't see people going "Oh, I am gay because my friend told me too."

These people are gay because they prefer people of the same gender to people of a different gender. I understand if some people might be afraid at first, but there is no need to discriminate them. In America, being gay is now not as discriminated as last time. When will be Singapore's turn?

I once read on a forum that if Singapore were more lax in this area, there would be many more people who would come out. Is that really true? I don't know, perhaps? There has been many guesses about who in the entertainment industry is gay.

Most people think that many "hot" guys are actually gay. I also don't know how true that is, but there may be truth in it due to the fact that generally gays are more concerned with their appearance, so they will do things to make their body a "hot" one.

At this point of time, I am a little uncomfortable typing all these stuff, I have to admit.

There's also this issue where people blatantly use the word 'gay' just to describe almost everything. It's almost like LOL, except that this word has more meaning to it. LOL is just a harmless expression, but 'gay' might not be. Cases have happened where over-sensitive people are too affected by 'gay'.

總的來說,同性戀者只是選擇了與其他人少有不同的路而已。我們又何必去恨他們呢?只要他們沒有去做傷天害理的事情,安分守己的做好自己應作的,他的性取向關你什麽事?



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。