singzeon.


(closed)



26 January 2011:

Today is reminiscence day, at least for me.

For those of you who saw me, I was emo-ing during duty (which by right nobody should be seeing me) and wushu. I don't know why, but I keep on thinking about my seniors, be it in wushu or council. It has been a while since they have left the school, but I still can't stop thinking about them.

I was once a Sec1 councillor. My Section Leader was once JY and V. They were always patient and caring for us. Today during duty I was thinking about the time when JY and V would walk around supervising us while we were doing duty. At that time, our first duty was human wall.

Basically, it is to block people form entering the parade square after William Tell Overture was played, then block them for being late for flag-raising.

My first green form went to a guy named R, who was three years older than us. Naturally, we were quite "intimidated", although the funny thing was that they were rather cooperative in retrospect. It's been more than a year now, and I have done all the duties. (How is that relevant??)

Today's duty was new block patrol, which meant patrolling the new block during flag-raising. Which was why, I said earlier that by right no one should be able to see me. I was patrolling the fourth floor today when I saw the place where I first did duty.

Now, the place has been blocked due to construction. Previously, there was a stairs and the entrance to the technical block opposite each other. Every time flag-raising ended, we would use the stairs to reach the concourse, if there was full-board meeting.

Soon, that space will become a linkway (or rather on top of it). It's only one year, and things have changed so much. Now, my section leader is HQ and SK, and there are new members. Very soon, this whole cycle will repeat itself, and there will be even more people in Section3.

During lessons, I was rather fine, not being distracted by all these thoughts. But physics waas very boring, with Kinematics. Somehow, when it got to wushu, I began thinking about the past again, remembering who used to be in Taichi with me.

當時,我的太極簡直是差到不行。第一年,教練都不敢讓我參加比賽,要我多練習。當時,我練的是24式太極,比較簡單的那種。沒想到現在,竟然是比賽過後,而且換了套路,改練42式了。

今年練太極的人非常少:中一有一個,中二兩個(是半途「轉行」練起太極),中三四個(包括我),中四根本沒有。所以,一直以來,教練沒有很注重太極。太極的訓練也一直很輕鬆。換言之,大多數的時間都不是在練。

最近才來了一個新的太極教練,是在武坊教的。可是,她今天沒來。我們由「頭」帶領,做了套路。做著做著,我突然想起以前的太極的人。當時,前一「輩」的有三個,個個都很好。他們現在已經是畢業了,今天也是拿到高等學院的分佈成績。

雖然當時沒有跟他們聊太多,因為不是很熟,不過至少有對彼此微笑過。光陰荏苒,同樣的,幾個月后,又是全新的開始。



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。