singzeon.


(closed)



29 January 2011:

I saw a bit of the Humanities Workshop today.

I wasn't there for the SS part, but I reached around 1130 for EHist part. Actually, it was only for parents, but because of the timings and that, so I decided to go there and wait. Two teachers were explaining: Ms Veronica Tan and Mr Malcolm Tan.

Ms Tan is a senior teacher; her presentation and all was very clear and to the point. However, the latter wasn't as good. Mr Tan seemed to forget that he was talking to parents. So with a booming voice and vigorous hand gestures, it looked more like he was fighting or arguing with someone, and not talking.

I think the worst part was when he sat on a table, with parents right in front. There was the teachers' chair to sit on. Seriously, that was very bad. Well, it seems that this isn't the first of what he has done since he came to CCHMS. He did benefit students, one at least, but his cons have outweighed his pros, I feel.

I know this is very mean, but I am glad I am not under him. My History hasn't been very good; I am not confident of it improving under his guidance. So, thankfully, I have Mr. Yazeed. I think his expertise his confirmed by the fact that he is the HOD, and it can be seen.

好了,今天就到這裡。我還得去趕兩篇作文,已經拖了兩三個星期了。再這樣,補習老師不發飈才怪。下個禮拜是農曆新年,在這裡祝大家新年快樂。



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。