singzeon.


(closed)



3 January 2011:

Had a small discussion with my tuition teacher yesterday.

She was telling me about a case where a man was killed by having a truck go over his neck becuase he did not want to give up his land. This, if you don't know by now, happened in China.

After a while, the man was ruled to have died from a traffic accident, and not murder.

My teacher was saying that if my languages were better than my sciences, I should be a lawyer. I wasn't too supportive of that motion.

I seriously don't believe that lawyers do help in upholding justice. They just show how the legal system has flaws and loopholes and use them to help their clients evade punishment.

Which is why I want to be a forensic pathologist, where everything uses Science. Science doesn't lie.

Of course, it's not as if every lawyer is lying or what, but I'm sure most of them bend the facts at one point.

Put it bluntly, I feel that lawyers are people engaged to help you reduce, or remove your deserved punishment.

In today's newspaper, the CJ called for lawyers to consider whether or not to appeal, when there was obviously no use of doing so.

The lawyers claim it's because the clients want to, but I believe they just want financial gain. My dad once told me, "Lawyers, win or lose, also get money."

True enough, win or lose, their clients still have to pay for their legal fees. Some beg and borrow just to pay, yet lawyers out there are "cheating" them of their money.

In China, forensics = nothing. Thankfully, here is Singapore.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。