singzeon.


(closed)



13 November 2010:

Tech check for me. P.S. I can't seem to think of a long title.

What's a tech check?

Haha, it's the time when I check how much I have gained in the "technological" realm. Wow, I sound like some guru or something. No lah!

Well ... I have done nothing about HTML5. My excuse is that it's still not a pressing one, so that shall have to wait. We'll see about that.

JavaScript? I just finished reading a book by my favourite publisher Wrox. Really, Wrox's technical guides are simply the best. I like the way the content is presented, by using simplistic design. Wrox just gave its newest books a makeover, some of which I can already find in the library.

That I do not support. Call me a "disliker" of change, this is one example of unhelpful change. To me, the font has made it difficult to read "comfortably". The design was okay, though.

But I disgress.

As I was saying, I just finished reading a book on JavaScript. I wanted to borrow the Professional book (which is another thing I like about Wrox: Beginner book to Professional), but decided against it since I found something more interesting.

jQuery!!

It is something like JavaScript, in fact if I'm not wrong it's a framework of JavaScript. So, I hope I can gain something from there.

Alright, that's about it. I suppose you are bored enough, reading me rambling on about some geeky stuff.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。