singzeon.


(closed)



26 November 2010:

So the excitement from the Yunnan trip has died down; and Wushu people are back.

Life's pretty much back to normal now.

No more events anymore (at least for the time-being), so I will have a lot of free time to do homework and stuffs. Until now I still don't know where is my Math textbook. Because of that I can't do my Math homework; okay this sounds like an excuse but yeah.

For this holiday we only have 3 subjects of homework, which is comparatively relaxing. Yet, I have not started on any one. (Okay, maybe Chinese can count.) I tried doing Chinese yesterday, but could not submit the file. So I procrastinated again. Wonder when my Chinese homework can be completed.

Yesterday I also had Chinese tuition as a replacement for the one I missed when I was at Yunnan. My awesome slackish teacher talked the whole session to me about Yunnan. I kept hinting to her whether or not she could at least flip the pages of my homework, but she said this was a talking session so she could train my talking skills and train my thoughts. Such a great excuse, isn't it? Slack-ed off the whole time when it was one that I really wanted to do.

She promised to help me in my compo skills. My guess is that she forgot to bring the materials again, so she is just killing time by doing this with me. Like WTH?! I'd rather "send" her home and read some other stuff than listen to her talk to me about things I'd already know.

I think I'm just gonna rant on, I know it's not nice to read but anyway.

Her attitude is getting from bad to worse. This wasn't the case in my previous tuition teacher. In fact, it was her that improved my Chinese so greatly. Recently, someone asked my what my favourite subject was. This time, I answered Math. My "like" towards Chinese is fading. I know that's not a good thing, since I've told countless people why they should like Chinese, but I just can't help it.

My previous tuition teacher told me once of a student she had. He was fabulous; getting As for Chinese, excelling in it. He liked the language thoroughly, which was almost like me. Yet, now, he is having problems conversing already. What happened in between these two stages was that he somehow lost touch with Chinese during a holiday. From then on, he was less supportive of Chinese. The rest, they say, is history.

I really do not want to become such a person. Although I know I won't (at least for the time-being), but I don't want my passion of Chinese to slip further. Let's see how it goes from here.

In other news, I might be having a class change.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。